PDA

View Full Version : Un-notched Efke

Bosaiya
10-Sep-2009, 19:05
I was loading up some PL25 when I came across an un-notched sheet in the middle of the stack. First time I've had that happen.

I do appreciate that they put paper between the sheets, something I miss with HP5+.

David Michael Bigeleisen
10-Sep-2009, 20:13
I came across the same thing. I also had a whole box with scratches in the emulsion, all in the same place. Has anyone had that problem.

David

Dave Aharonian
10-Sep-2009, 20:25
I haven't had any problems with scratches, but I've certainly had a few sheets of it in 5x7 without any notches.

Bosaiya
10-Sep-2009, 20:41
Yikes! No scratches. Yet.

jnantz
11-Sep-2009, 05:31
i haven't used ekfe, but
had a whole box of kodak tri x 5x7
with no notches ..

Mike1234
11-Sep-2009, 06:43
Can you feel the scratches in the emulsion BEFORE you load it into the holders? Or is this only evident AFTER they've spoiled your images?

Ralph Miyashiro
11-Sep-2009, 07:51
Same here. Un-notched or very shallow notch in 50 speed 5x7. Also had one sheet with weird streaks, and of course it was one with a decent image on it. As much as I loved the film, I just had to call it off.

jvuokko
11-Sep-2009, 16:03
I haven't found any un-notched but plenty of sheets that aren't cut on precise size (I guess that there is kind a standard for 4x5?)
They don't fit to my scanner's holder and some of them are hard to load on film back.
Often... the negative is bit small, and moves inside the film back resulting bit tilted horizon...

Can't get quality for cheap price, unfortunately.
Some of the Efke (and Adox) films have really good charasteristics, but the quality control just sucks big time.