PDA

View Full Version : information about zeiss lens

dbluesea
9-Sep-2009, 08:08
i have been given a lens that fits a hasselblad camera. i know very little about it. the body says Hasselblad and also has "super wide C" written on it. the lens says Carl Zeiss , biogon, 1:4,5. f=38mm. also the number Nr 2766947. any help with its usefulness and value, or lack thereof, would be appreciated. i would like to sell it but it has been in storage for some time and is quite dusty and perhaps out of date for todays photography. thanks in advance for any information.....

Dan Baumbach
9-Sep-2009, 08:28
This sounds like a lens from a Hasselblad Super Wide C. http://www.gilghitelman.com/news_0005.html

As far as I know, the lens wasn't interchangeable, however.

- Dan.

Dan Fromm
9-Sep-2009, 08:53
A crappy old Hasselblad SWC will bring $1200 - $1500 on eBay. Good newer ones bring more.

The lens alone, if that's all you have, can be sold for a fair amount. Very useful lens, although not for large format.

venchka
10-Sep-2009, 05:51
Double check. You may have a complete Hasselblad Superwide camera that is missing a film holder. Film holders sell for approximately $100-$200 at www.keh.com .

It would be a shame if all you have is the lens. Do try to use it. A very good lens for sure. Here is what the complete camera looks like including the roll film holder.

http://www.sfhost.com/fpa/images/SWC.jpg

Archphoto
10-Sep-2009, 09:30
The problem has been solved: it is a complete SWC minus the A12 back.......
Even the finder is attached to it !

An other great find !

Peter

venchka
10-Sep-2009, 09:33
That's what I'm thinking. I doubt that the Biogon had "Super Wide C" written on it.

WHOA! The photo I posted was for comparison sake. So that dblusea could see what the camera looked like. That is not the item that the OP first mentioned.

Archphoto
10-Sep-2009, 10:22
I got a shot of the camera by mail by dbluesea, that's why I can say this......
Needs a good clean-up though......

Peter

venchka
10-Sep-2009, 10:33
Cool. I was right. I hope it gets put to good use.

rdenney
10-Sep-2009, 13:54
The problem has been solved: it is a complete SWC minus the A12 back.......
Even the finder is attached to it !

An other great find !

Peter

No. Without the specially matched backs, it will never work. At all. The only solution is to send it to me immediately so that you don't suffer the pain of having to throw it away.

Rick "trust me!" Denney

venchka
10-Sep-2009, 13:55
No. Without the specially matched backs, it will never work. At all. The only solution is to send it to me immediately so that you don't suffer the pain of having to throw it away.

Rick "trust me!" Denney

Nice try Rick "Oh no you don't" Denney!

BrianShaw
10-Sep-2009, 15:07
Have I ever mentioned that I am the last remaining person on earth who can "specially match" those backs to those bodies? Really. I'm not kidding. I have "the secret".

My address will be provided upon request.