PDA

View Full Version : Colorgetter Plus questions

adonis_abril
8-Sep-2009, 15:22
Hi,

I've just purchased a Colorgetter plus scanner with software and a Mac G3 to go with it (it's on the way). I'm wondering if the Mac G3 is fast enough to run this machine...For those familiar with the scanner, can I run this scanner on a G5 or maybe a PC? ...or is the G3 good enough?

-Adonis

Bruce Watson
9-Sep-2009, 04:55
I've just purchased a Colorgetter plus scanner with software and a Mac G3 to go with it (it's on the way). I'm wondering if the Mac G3 is fast enough to run this machine...For those familiar with the scanner, can I run this scanner on a G5 or maybe a PC? ...or is the G3 good enough?

It'll be hard for you to believe, but a G3 is way overkill. Drum scanners are slow beasts, just about any computer can outrun a drum scanner. If it makes you feel any better, I'm still running a ColorGetter 3 Pro with a Mac Quadra 650. Runs just fine -- why would I spend any effort to upgrade? It won't make the scans any faster.

The software will limit you in upgrading anyway. ColorRight (either the older Optronics 5.x versions, or the newer ColorByte software ColorRight Pro 2.0) require MaxOS 9.1 or earlier.

adonis_abril
9-Sep-2009, 17:09
Thanks Bruce...Saved me getting another computer.