PDA

View Full Version : Cpe-2

Michael Lloyd
4-Sep-2009, 07:55
Can I use the CPE-2 to process 4x5 B&W sheet film. I see a lot of references to the CPP-2 but not much for the CPE-2. Finding 3010 tanks and stainless steel guts has proven to be difficult at best.

I would appreciate some pro/con type advice...

SW Rick
4-Sep-2009, 09:13
I have a CPE-2 Plus, and can process 4x5 in drums, but not in the Expert drums. Those are too large for the motor in the CPE-2 Plus, and I would assume for the CPE-2 as well. Smaller drums like the 2551, etc, and the smaller drum which takes one reel of 4x5 sheets would work. You'd be using the 4x5 film reels.
You can probably find a manual online if you don't have one. Good luck!

percepts
4-Sep-2009, 10:36
Can I use the CPE-2 to process 4x5 B&W sheet film. I see a lot of references to the CPP-2 but not much for the CPE-2. Finding 3010 tanks and stainless steel guts has proven to be difficult at best.

I would appreciate some pro/con type advice...

Yes you can process 4x5 black and white on a CPE-2. But you cannot use expert tanks. The drive is by magnet on the base. Expert tanks have a cog on the lid and no way of attaching a magnet on base. And they are too big anyway.

But the 2500 series tanks will work fine with a 2509N reel. The "N" is the newer reel which has much better system for holding film sheets in the spool.

One of these fits in a 2521 tank and two of them fit in a 2551 tank. The tank numbers ending with a 1 are the ones with a lid and magnet base. The tanks ending in 3 have a cog lid and no magnet. For the CPE-2 you want the ones ending in 1. So a 2521 or a 2551. Each 2509N reel holds 6 sheets of 4x5 film.

The CPP2 is a bigger unit. The CPE-2 is a basic unit which gives water bath temp and does rotation. You have to stop it and empty tank, refill and then put it back on for each change of chemical. The one with a lift need tanks with a cog lid and the tanks ending with 3.