PDA

View Full Version : Need For Mutual Respect & Professionalism

Robert J. Triffin
16-Nov-2001, 18:52
In mocking the "rotating back" poster, the offending members of this community h ave confirmed the old adage: that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Indeed, I am appaled that anyone who has - alledgly - labored to become profici ent in a chosen area of photography would not immediately identify with the conf usion of the newbie "rotating back" poster.

In short, if you can not be part of the solution in producing objective and good faith inforamtion; please do not compound a poster's problem by puting your per sonal shortfalls on the public stage. Remember: we were all young once, and bac k then, it was not "funny" when we were confused.

Andre Noble
16-Nov-2001, 19:21
Robert, every large format user, old and new, can intuit the rotating back is for some purpose other than to turn the image right-side up. The good lord simply refuses to make people as dumb as previous poster pretends to be. We do have a heart!

pat krentz
16-Nov-2001, 23:27
We also have a good sense of humor. Pat

Hagai Kaufman
17-Nov-2001, 03:37
Robert,

I think that this forum is healthy enough so withstand a few wisecracks from tim e to time. I truly see this forum as a community, an interesting and useful place that people from all over the world (not just the states) can find pleasure and knowledge in theire m utual interests. Sometime, between friends,it ok to have some fun and not be dead-seri ous about everything -- I think this is the case. In other words -- lighten up.

with respect,

Hagai Kaufman Tel Aviv

Jorge Gasteazoro
17-Nov-2001, 07:37
Robert, lighten up!!! actually the poster admited it was a JOKE and his post was only to make us smile.

Jim Billlups
17-Nov-2001, 08:15
The great thing about getting older is that I have learned to not take things so seriously and yes, laugh at myself as well. Thanks for sharing your feelings with us Robert.

George Nedleman
17-Nov-2001, 09:50
And I thought the Iattola (Sp?) was dead He didn't seem to have much of a sense of humor either. George

Larry Sandt
19-Nov-2001, 03:49
Can any one tell me at what point in time that I actually changed from a human b eing to a "POSTER"?

Jorge Gasteazoro
19-Nov-2001, 07:35
That would be the moment I forgot your name....:-))))