PDA

View Full Version : Microtek i900 problem

iamjanco
24-Aug-2009, 09:58
I'm hoping someone here has come across this problem before...

Anyway, I got a new old i900 a little while back and finally got around to installing the software and the drivers for it yesterday (I downloaded the Vista 32 compatible stuff from Microtek's Asian site). After doing that, I needed to scan in some reflective stuff, and found that when using ScanWizard Pro, the only thing the scanner software seems to capture is a quantum singularity (a black hole, if you will). The scanned image shows up as black in the main workspace.

I believe it's a software-related issue, because when I go to set up the preferences for the Overview function, I can preview there and actually see the scanned image. But if I try to use Overview or normal Preview, all I get is a completely black image.

Has anyone ever experienced this or know of someone who has?

Btw, I am running Vista 32.

TIA!

iamjanco
24-Aug-2009, 18:09
Well I think it had to be Microtek's OEM software, even if they say it's compatible with Vista 32. I downloaded the trial from Vuescan, installed it, clicked the scan button, and walla, I've got an image that's savable to disk.

Anyway, for prosperity's sake, if anyone else comes along and can't figure this one out, the answer's here (sort of).

Coroon
16-May-2011, 06:56
Hi
I need your help with my microtek i900.
can You help me?
i have problem with silverfast and ICE - doesnt have any buttons to make it start..
im waiting for reply
best regards
A.

Preston
16-May-2011, 07:23
Coroon,

We need more info in order to (possibly) help you.

Mac or PC?
OS version--32 or 64 bit

Does the i900 support ICE? Some scanners do, and some don't.

You might also check Microtek's support site.

--P

Coroon
16-May-2011, 07:59
Do u use i900 silverfast Preston?
I use mac os tiger.
On silverfast page is written that i900 doesnt support ice but i900 generally HAS digital ice.
os i gues 32 bit.

Generaly i need sb who has i900.

A.

Coroon,

We need more info in order to (possibly) help you.

Mac or PC?
OS version--32 or 64 bit

Does the i900 support ICE? Some scanners do, and some don't.

You might also check Microtek's support site.

--P