PDA

View Full Version : Efke 25 Sheet FIlm Supply

Michael Kadillak
22-Aug-2009, 17:15
Wondered if anyone knew why there appears to not be much Efke 25 sheet film in stock in 11x14, 8x20 and 8x10? Freestyle normally carries it as does Digital Truth but no supplies in stock.

Hope that it is as simple as an inventory shortcoming and not a production disruption.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Fitzgerald
22-Aug-2009, 17:21
Wondered if anyone knew why there appears to not be much Efke 25 sheet film in stock in 11x14, 8x20 and 8x10? Freestyle normally carries it as does Digital Truth but no supplies in stock.

Hope that it is as simple as an inventory shortcoming and not a production disruption.

Thanks in advance,

Michael, I was at Freestyle last week and they said that they would not be carrying the Efke 25 in 11x14 or 8x20. Only in 8x10. They had a box of short date 11x14 for 90.00 but my friend beat me to it! I picked up a box of 8x10 and I believe they have more in stock. i wish I would of had the means to get some in 11x14 and 8x20 as I love the PL-25. They will be stocking the PL100 in all three sizes.

jim

Michael Kadillak
22-Aug-2009, 19:01
I was hoping that was not the case. Maybe against all odds someone else could make it available domestically. I have some 8x20 FP4+ coming but would like the opportunity to stock up with this great film. I wonder if Digital Truth can order some for us? Maybe I will shoot them a note shortly.

Thanks Jim.

Jim Fitzgerald
22-Aug-2009, 19:20
I was hoping that was not the case. Maybe against all odds someone else could make it available domestically. I have some 8x20 FP4+ coming but would like the opportunity to stock up with this great film. I wonder if Digital Truth can order some for us? Maybe I will shoot them a note shortly.

Thanks Jim.

Michale let me know how you do. I love this in all three formats. 8x10,11x14 and 8x20. Could use more in 11x14 and 8x20.

Jim

Michael Kadillak
22-Aug-2009, 19:27
I sent an e-mail to Digital Truth and if that does not pan out I will make some calls overseas. WIll keep you posted as in agreement with you - this is a great film at a manageable price.

Hope we can find a way to solve this problem.

Cheers!

Turner Reich
22-Aug-2009, 22:52
How many 11x14 films are now available? What happened to the shrinking availability of this format is it on the way out, slowly, I hope not.

Jim Fitzgerald
23-Aug-2009, 05:48
How many 11x14 films are now available? What happened to the shrinking availability of this format is it on the way out, slowly, I hope not.

I hope it is not on the way out also. I love the contact prints I get from my 11x14. I do have 300 sheets of x-ray film so I do have some film to shoot.

Jim

Robert Fisher
23-Aug-2009, 06:53
Jim and Michael, I have been shocked how razor sharp this film is via the "dr5" process.

Also, this film loves bright sunlight.

Oh, it is inexpensive too.

Jim Fitzgerald
23-Aug-2009, 07:01
Jim and Michael, I have been shocked how razor sharp this film is via the "dr5" process.

Also, this film loves bright sunlight.

Oh, it is inexpensive too.

You should see what an 11x14 carbon print looks like from one of the 11x14 Efke 25 negatives!

Jim

Tom Kershaw
7-Sep-2009, 10:53
Jim,

You don't find the 25 ISO speed a limitation? I suppose this may have something to do with your Southern Californian location.

Tom.

Jim Fitzgerald
7-Sep-2009, 12:21
Jim,

You don't find the 25 ISO speed a limitation? I suppose this may have something to do with your Southern Californian location.

Tom.

Tom, I'm generally a landscape shooter and I use this for 8x10,11x14, and 8x20. I have a lot of barrel lenses and yes I do have to be concerned with wind but with careful composition ( using rocks for wind blocks, etc) I can overcome this minor problem. I have used this for some portrait work albeit only a couple of images and I use my old brass lenses and Packard shutter with this set and it works great for me. Most of my work is in California so far but I do travel from time to time. A lot to photograph in my home state.

I have the reciprocity and development nailed for my process with the 25. I like the tonality of this film for the type of images I produce. It is very sharp and with minimal agitation in Pyrocat-HD it really sings.

I standardized on this film and now one can only get the 8x10 Efke 25 from Freestyle. A group buy in the future would be a good thing.

Jim

Andrew O'Neill
7-Sep-2009, 14:03
Doubt if it has anything to do with location as I shoot it up here in the Lower Mainland (BC coast) which is cloudy and rainy for many months out of the year. For N I expose it at 16 (pyrocat-HD).

lecarp
7-Sep-2009, 16:08
I spoke with freestyle about this over a month ago, at that time they said they would supply it as a special order item.

Tom Kershaw
8-Sep-2009, 04:03
Jim,

Are you processing the Efke 25 (available as Adox CHS25 in the UK) in the tanks as previously mentioned on the Bostick & Sullivan forum?

Tom

Jim Fitzgerald
8-Sep-2009, 06:16
Jim,

Are you processing the Efke 25 (available as Adox CHS25 in the UK) in the tanks as previously mentioned on the Bostick & Sullivan forum?

Tom

Tom, yes. I use 4000 ml. tanks for my 8x10 sheet film. For the Efke-25 I use Pyrocat-HD 1:1:150 minimal agitation for 17 1/2 minutes or more depending on the negative and the DR I need. I shoot for a DR of 1.8 and above for my carbon printing.
I also do this by inspection with my green safelight. I turn on the light with a foot switch when about 80-90% of the development time has passed. Negatives come out nice.

Jim