PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 Developing in Seattle

Santo Roman
19-Aug-2009, 00:11
So the 2 place I used to go to in Seattle are now gone as of 2008. I need a place that will dev my bw 4x5 negs and possible scan them at 300dpi so I can get them to my site. Any ideas? I'm in Kirkland which is on the east side of Lake Washington, but have no problem taking the trip to Seattle. Hell I'll hit the UW area and do some urban fly fishing and let traffic calm down a bit.

thanks.

santo

Bosaiya
19-Aug-2009, 06:32
Have you checked with Panda? They're off of Mercer, by the EMP.

http://www.pandalab.com/

Santo Roman
19-Aug-2009, 11:10
I just talked to the guy at panda. They do but Moon photo does not. Kenmmore Camera no longer does it as well. What is going on in this world?

Thanks

santo

Eric James
19-Aug-2009, 12:01
Panda is a reliable lab but they do not have same-day service. I believe that they use an Epson 4990 for their scans. I find it easier to mail things out rather than battle the traffic, twice. If you go you might enjoy shooting at the EMP.

Santo Roman
20-Aug-2009, 23:13
Panda Lab is the only one I found that does still develop 4x5 bw/color. $2.25 per sheet. I haven't been there for about 10 years but good to see that someone is still doing it. I don't mind driving to seattle its just the parking thats a pain in ass. On a good note I can hit a wine store I like in the area. My wife will bitch when I get home, but she does about any of my hobbies I have.

santo

domaz
24-Aug-2009, 12:49
Last time I talked to Panda they only did 35mm thru 220 for color but can do B&W up to 8x10.

Eric James
24-Aug-2009, 13:00
Panda does not provide an E6 dip-and-dunk service, but they are hoping to move in that direction.

Scott Knowles
24-Aug-2009, 14:45
Panda does not provide an E6 dip-and-dunk service, but they are hoping to move in that direction.

They should have bought the lab from Ivey Imaging. The buyers only wanted the digital service and equipment, and despite the lab being (marginally) profitable, no one wanted it. I never heard who bought the lab equipment and supplies.