PDA

View Full Version : May I ask what is this -- comes with my atl 1500 and some experiences

dng88
12-Aug-2009, 05:56
Just got one from Singapore (the auction site). It worked but then there is something left which I am not sure I understand what is it. Is it part of ATL 1500 or is it something else?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisngathk/3814756124/

Or http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisngathk/3814756124/

-- there are 4 tubes, very thin but very long.

Just curious.

BTW, except for 8x10 slide, the E6 development is a breeze. I would try one more 8x10 slide but it seems treating it like a print (one slide at one time) does not work out.

Also, the black and white it seems it is quite hard to re-use chemical and hence quite expensive to use (consistency vs costs trade off I guess). Also, 24c with max 750ml means hard to get 3 roll to develop at the same time (just try 4ml HCL 110 with max 750ml and all highlight seems quite high for the standard 5min programme).

Joanna Carter
12-Aug-2009, 06:27
Just got one from Singapore (the auction site). It worked but then there is something left which I am not sure I understand what is it. Is it part of ATL 1500 or is it something else?
It is something else, not part of the ATL 1500.

Also, the black and white it seems it is quite hard to re-use chemical and hence quite expensive to use (consistency vs costs trade off I guess). Also, 24c with max 750ml means hard to get 3 roll to develop at the same time (just try 4ml HCL 110 with max 750ml and all highlight seems quite high for the standard 5min programme).
I use Ilford DD-X developer with Fuji Acros film and have had to reduce, not only the development time but also the strength of the developer, to compensate for the higher temperature and constant agitation: I now use DD-X at 1+9 instead of 1+4 and develop for 7'30". Very nice results.

dng88
12-Aug-2009, 13:02
Thanks.

Just wonder how many rolls / sheets you have developed?

I was a bit surprise that the number has to be lower than the maximum rolls allowed unless I went for, say, 3:15m as the previous owner has set the atl.

Also a bit dismay I cannot do even 1 sheet of 8x10 each time.

Greg Blank
12-Aug-2009, 15:32
[QUOTE=Joanna Carter;496370]It is something else, not part of the ATL 1500.

Floating lids.....either for chemical tanks or another processor bath cpmpartments.

Greg Blank
12-Aug-2009, 15:36
J
BTW, except for 8x10 slide, the E6 development is a breeze. I would try one more 8x10 slide but it seems treating it like a print (one slide at one time) does not work out.

Film would be placed in the drum on a reel or maybe with the emulsion side in towards the drum center. Placing film in the drum this way presents more problems.

Since this smaller process has no verical agitation it is very hard to remove the anti-halation backing.

Joanna Carter
12-Aug-2009, 15:36
Floating lids.....either for chemical tanks or another processor bath cpmpartments.
I have an ATL 1500 and those parts, whatever they are, are not part of the processor at all.

Greg Blank
14-Aug-2009, 05:57
Yes Joanna, what you are saying is correct. What I neglected to say is that the pictures are floating lids for another type processor. I think they are for the Fujimoto CP31 or 32.

They look like lids I have seen in the stockroom at Omega Satter, where I work part time. We sell both Jobo and Fujimoto.

I have an ATL 1500 and those parts, whatever they are, are not part of the processor at all.

Joanna Carter
14-Aug-2009, 06:06
What I neglected to say is that the pictures are floating lids for another type processor. I think they are for the Fujimoto CP31 or 32.
Ah, ok, I didn't have all the facts when I replied :)

... We sell both Jobo and Fujimoto.
In that case, can you answer me a question? Is it possible to get replacements for the little red clip on the Jobo Duo 120/220 reels, I have lost a couple?

Greg Blank
14-Aug-2009, 06:12
I believe they are, I'll need to find the parts number, since today is my day off I can't lay my hands on it. I'll send you a PM with my email address there.

Ah, ok, I didn't have all the facts when I replied :)

In that case, can you answer me a question? Is it possible to get replacements for the little red clip on the Jobo Duo 120/220 reels, I have lost a couple?