PDA

View Full Version : Indiantone enlarging paper

Howard Barron
11-Aug-2009, 13:33
Do any of you remember Indiantone enlarging paper? I recently unearthed some of my old photos made on Indiantone paper and they are beautiful. Is it still around? Who made it? Is there a suitable substitute? I'd sure like to know.

Merg Ross
11-Aug-2009, 14:21
Do any of you remember Indiantone enlarging paper? I recently unearthed some of my old photos made on Indiantone paper and they are beautiful. Is it still around? Who made it? Is there a suitable substitute? I'd sure like to know.

That would be Indiatone made by Ansco and later GAF. I used it for portraits in the early 1960's, lovely warm prints. A favorite projection paper of mine at the same time was Cykora, also a GAF product. There are always substitutes, but never equals to the former papers.

bob carnie
11-Aug-2009, 14:25
Cykora was the paper my first boss used for all his black and whites, the paper was lovely.

That would be Indiatone made by Ansco and later GAF. I used it for portraits in the early 1960's, lovely warm prints. A favorite projection paper of mine at the same time was Cykora, also a GAF product. There are always substitutes, but never equals to the former papers.

Ron McElroy
11-Aug-2009, 18:46
A favorite projection paper of mine at the same time was Cykora, also a GAF product. .

Back in the '70s I bought a large lot of out of date paper from a photostore and it included several boxes of Cykora. It was a great paper.