PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon f12.5 450 C

lumi
11-Aug-2009, 13:26
I made an error posting this this in the Camera & Camera Accessories forum, so here it is where it belongs:

In view camera lens listings this lens is described with a 52mm filter diameter. The Fuji 450 I own has a 49mm filter so at least there are two versions of this lens. My lens has a chrome shutter ring and is clearly multicoated. Kerry L. Thalmann`s page does not cover this question. Anyone else out there with a Fuji 450 with 49mm filter diameter?

Tony Lakin
11-Aug-2009, 13:34
Hi
I have a lens with the same specification as yours, it too appears to be multicoated but does not say so on the barrel, is it possible that these earlier lenses are indeed multicoated and the more recent ones are EBC multicoated:confused:

Nathan Potter
11-Aug-2009, 13:48
OK, I have a question based on Tonys' comment. I've seen the EBC designation (I think only on Fuji lenses though) and I've been thinking that EBC means Electron Beam Coating which would refer to the coating technique rather than implying multicoating. Although Electron Beam Coating could apply to multi or single coating. If EBC refers to Electron Beam Coating and is a newer process then how was the older process accomplished? Sputtering, CVD, thermal evaporation? And do all modern lenses use magnesium fluoride as the anti reflection material?

Nate Potter, Chicago IL.

GPS
11-Aug-2009, 15:31
I made an error posting this this in the Camera & Camera Accessories forum, so here it is where it belongs:

In view camera lens listings this lens is described with a 52mm filter diameter. The Fuji 450 I own has a 49mm filter so at least there are two versions of this lens. My lens has a chrome shutter ring and is clearly multicoated. Kerry L. Thalmann`s page does not cover this question. Anyone else out there with a Fuji 450 with 49mm filter diameter?

The 52 mm is either a typo or a simple mistake...

RPNugent
11-Aug-2009, 15:35
Mine says EBC and uses a 52mm filter.

Steve Hamley
11-Aug-2009, 16:07
Mine is also EBC and 52mm.

Might the filter size/front cell diameter be related to the varying reports of coverage?

Cheers, Steve

Warren Clark
11-Aug-2009, 17:03
Mine is 52mm with no EBC designation but is definitely multicoated.

Warren Clark

Drew Wiley
11-Aug-2009, 17:26
The EBC label appears to be just a marketing strategy, since this type of multicoating was already in use in numerous instances by Fuji, especially once the
lettering went to the outside of the barrel. As far as the 450C goes, it has had a
52mm thread for quite some time. The exact nature of the coating was engineered
for the specific lens performance in mind, just as with other major manufacturers,
and might differ from one lens series to another.

Don7x17
11-Aug-2009, 17:47
The EBC label appears to be just a marketing strategy, since this type of multicoating was already in use in numerous instances by Fuji, especially once the
lettering went to the outside of the barrel. As far as the 450C goes, it has had a
52mm thread for quite some time. The exact nature of the coating was engineered
for the specific lens performance in mind, just as with other major manufacturers,
and might differ from one lens series to another.

Its had a 52mm filter since at least 1991, when I bought mine.

Steve Goldstein
12-Aug-2009, 11:11
As I posted in the original thread

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=52054

I also have a 450mm with 49mm threads. I didn't dig it out last night to check if it's multi-coated or not, but the serial number is quite close to that of lumi's lens.