PDA

View Full Version : She looked at me said, "Have you gone feral?!?" - Old Lens GAS?

Jay Decker
8-Aug-2009, 13:32
Told her that I wanted to try 8x10 photography, showed her some magnificent photographs taken with old lenses by folks here on the LF Photo Forum, and she encouraged me to pursue it. Today the postal delivery man dropped off a few more soccer ball sized boxes. I took them into my shop and opened them. My wife came in a little later and found me lining up a number of rather old and large lenses in a row to photograph them. I could see her silently count them and arrive at the number six. She looked at me and said, "Have you gone feral?!?". I did not know what to say...

Is this part of the normal experimentation with old lenses, or Old Lens GAS?

Emil Schildt
8-Aug-2009, 13:52
for some I guess...

My experience is slightly different.
My girlfriend thinks I am "saving" old lenses from evil collectors! :p

She does NOT want to see them on the bay or elsewhere on the net, but as soon I get them she wants to try them out....:D

(I don't want to see her looking at shoes/clothes on the net either, so that's fine.. (and I certainly don't want to try them out when she gets her stuff..))

Maybe I am just lucky.

Jay Decker
8-Aug-2009, 14:02
for some I guess...

My experience is slightly different.

She does NOT want to see them on the bay or elsewhere on the net, but as soon I get them she wants to try them out....:D

(I don't want to see her looking at shoes/clothes on the net either, so that's fine.. (and I certainly don't want to try them out when she gets her stuff..))

Maybe I am just lucky.

Good! I think about it more in the context of "experimentation", like we did in our youth when auditioned many young lovely's to find out what suited us best... I haven't auditioned new talent for many years now, but it was a trail and error process as I recall.

Mark Sawyer
8-Aug-2009, 14:42
Good! I think about it more in the context of "experimentation", like we did in our youth when auditioned many young lovely's to find out what suited us best... I haven't auditioned new talent for many years now, but it was a trail and error process as I recall.

Yup. Just explain to her, "lenses are like wives, you have to go through a few to find the right one."

I'm sure she'll understand... :rolleyes:

MIke Sherck
8-Aug-2009, 20:04

Does she have a sister? :rolleyes:

Jim Galli
8-Aug-2009, 21:41
ROTFLMAO

Wait 'til she sees what you drag home from Tonopah! :D:D:D: