PDA

View Full Version : An alternative to recent discussions

Michael Alpert
7-Aug-2009, 10:15
All the recent talk on this forum about dishonest muddleheaded photojournalists and schlocky businessmen-decorators pretending to be artists is a little disconcerting. The truth of photography is elsewhere. So, with that in mind, I thought I'd present a modest alternative.

I do not know if this film on Josef Sudek has been posted on this forum before. (I didn't find it when I searched.) You do not need to know Czech to understand the content. I wish the two-part YouTube presentation were of better picture quality, but I am happy to have access to this lovely souvenir from Sudek's life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uYutMN2uj4&feature=PlayList&p=B7891FFBFB157672&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=59

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B56FjVxqMns&feature=PlayList&p=B7891FFBFB157672&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=60

MIke Sherck
7-Aug-2009, 12:58
The next time I whine about the inconvenience of 8x10, just slap me. ;)

Sudek's one of my all-time favorites and I'm happy that you pointed these videos out. I enjoyed them tremendously.

Mike

Jan Pedersen
7-Aug-2009, 19:00
Michael, Thank you for the link.
Sudek's work is great inspiration.

jan

Donald Miller
7-Aug-2009, 19:38
Michael,
Thanks for these links.

Sudek was very inspiring both in the scope of his journey and the difficulties that he transcended.

Donald Miller

cjbroadbent
7-Aug-2009, 23:46
Thanks for the link Michael, and the idea.

kev curry
8-Aug-2009, 01:08
Wonderful.

Bill_1856
8-Aug-2009, 05:14
Thanks for the link, Michael, although I've had problems seeing many of the images. Sucek has always been a great favorite of mine -- seeing his work always makes me want to reach for a soft-focus lens and a foggy day.

xmishx
8-Aug-2009, 12:53
poetic... Thank you.

Ted

Doug Howk
8-Aug-2009, 16:08
A lyrical poetic vision of Prague. I can imagine him kicking up the dust in the old churches to get the effect he wanted with the light. Thanks for the link.

mandoman7
9-Aug-2009, 16:54
Inspirational videos. Now I'm going into deep storage to find the 2 volumes of Aperture Magazine that featured his work.