PDA

View Full Version : Large Century Stand and larger price

goamules
6-Aug-2009, 19:50
Here is one of those large Century camera stands, not the usual 2 poster type. Don't choke when you see the price. OhBoy 110421797404

BarryS
6-Aug-2009, 20:05
No idea what he's smoking, but it must be strong if he thinks someone's going to bid $15K for that camera + stand. Zero feedback for this joker--big surprise.

Archphoto
7-Aug-2009, 03:27
Makes a good laugh......

Nice camera though, tad oversized stand.

Peter

lenser
7-Aug-2009, 06:30
Good lord! I've got the exact same set up sitting in my garage studio right now just waiting to order a new bellows. Only differences are mine has an 1867 Dallmeyer 3A attached and it also faces the right way on the stand. Do I need to raise my insurance by a magnitude of ten or more?

goamules
7-Aug-2009, 06:47
I think I'll just buy an 1760 Chippendale chest, with tiger maple facings, then exchange the handles for 14k gold. The camera can sit on that. After that, I'll buy the best Pinkham and Smith lens to put on the front, and heck, I'll put one on the back too. I'll have a custom camera made of ebony, and have the bellows made of oryx leather. I should still have some money left over to buy another, reasonably priced Century stand and camera....

eddie
7-Aug-2009, 08:43
i will take two.....bags of what ever he is smoking! :)

Dennis
7-Aug-2009, 08:43
I bought one of those camera stands for 25 dollars..
http://www.pbase.com/dpurdy/image/61816094

Dennis

goamules
7-Aug-2009, 09:23
I've got a line on one too, not sure the price, but the guy said he's promised it to a lady who wants it for a craft table. Looks like it makes a pretty nice skull table too. I'll stick to my hand crafted, colonial period Chippendale for my $200 Century No. 2. It's much cheaper.

All seriousness aside; I finally found the Semi-centennial stand I've been needing. Picking it up tomorrow! Paid about what the camera cost, I guess I'll have to sell it right away to pay off my mortgage....

Aahx
7-Aug-2009, 12:16
Likely he is going after the museum market with a price like that... It's still too high though even as an "antique" item methinks.

Ron Marshall
7-Aug-2009, 12:20
Likely he is going after the museum market with a price like that... It's still too high though even as an "antique" item methinks.

He's after the moron market!