PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Prague in September?

Vlad Soare
6-Aug-2009, 02:51
Hi guys,

Between the 31st of August and the 4th of September I'm going to be in Prague with my 4x5 camera. I've been there several times and know the city pretty well, so I'm not necessarily looking for recommendations (though they're always welcome anyway), but if any of you just happened to be there during that period, it would be fun to meet and go shooting together (or at least to enjoy a good Czech beer while talking about LF :D).

Thanks.

Vlad Soare
24-Aug-2009, 01:38
So? Is anybody in or near Prague next week? :)

sultanofcognac
24-Aug-2009, 01:50
Sorry Vlad,

My wife was born in Prague and we go a few times each year. Great place! :cool:
but. . . I won't be there during that week.

I have been to Cluj-Napoka back in 2005, and spent eight hours in Bucharest during a flight layover. :eek: Would it be worth while to visit Bucharest again to photograph? :rolleyes: I was only on the main street so don't know anything else about the city.

Maybe you could recommend a few places.

Cheers,

johnny

wfwhitaker
24-Aug-2009, 05:36
Not this year, but I'd be happy to take a rain check.

Vlad Soare
24-Aug-2009, 05:46
Johnny, Bucharest isn't such an attractive touristic destination in itself. It's merely an overcrowded, polluted, not very tourist-friendly city. That being said, I'm sure a talented photographer could find many photographic opportunities here, and I'd be happy to show you around.
But if you come to Romania I'll recommend a lot of other places and cities, much more beautiful than Bucharest. ;)

Bob Salomon
24-Aug-2009, 08:59
Dinner at Havansky's Pavilion at dusk with a thunder storm over the old city.

Bill_1856
24-Aug-2009, 10:00

Sounds beautiful -- please post the photograph.

Bob Salomon
24-Aug-2009, 10:50
Sounds beautiful -- please post the photograph.

It was, but my wife treated me to dinner there that night and we only had a P&S with us. Maybe next time.

gflanslo
25-Aug-2009, 13:22
I just got back from Prague....so close

Ari
25-Aug-2009, 15:54
I used to live there, in Zizkov; what a great city, and fall there is even better than the spring.
Can we start a thread for those of us who WISH we could be there in September?
Or at least a support group?:)

Vlad Soare
28-Aug-2009, 04:21
Great idea, Bob. I've been at the Hanavský Pavilion a few times (never ate there, though), and the view over the city is indeed stunning, especially at dusk. The place is famous for allowing you to see all bridges at the same time. I took some pictures, but they were nothing to write home about. Maybe I'll get luckier this time...
Now, if I could just order a big thunderstorm over the old city at the right moment... :D