PDA

View Full Version : Emil Busch Rathenow

thomasjjm
5-Aug-2009, 13:40
HI i have a set of emil busch rathenow brass lenses in a leather box with a cardboard inlay stating universal objective set vade mecum model II THE INLAY STATES
CONSISTING OF 7 LENSES GIVING 29 DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS 11 APLANAT 11 WIDE ANGLE 7 LANDSCAPE
it also contains a table 0f combination for lenses i have some limited info from various searches but cant find the lenses i have any help would be greatfully received i have asked experts on other site but to no avail :confused: :confused: :confused: the lenses range from 15 cm to 75 cm combination table is in inches and cm stating combine for aplanat eg 75 65 ect i do have images but cant seem to post them

Emil Schildt
5-Aug-2009, 14:44
HI i have a set of emil busch rathenow brass lenses in a leather box with a cardboard inlay stating universal objective set vade mecum model II THE INLAY STATES
CONSISTING OF 7 LENSES GIVING 29 DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS 11 APLANAT 11 WIDE ANGLE 7 LANDSCAPE
it also contains a table 0f combination for lenses i have some limited info from various searches but cant find the lenses i have any help would be greatfully received i have asked experts on other site but to no avail :confused: :confused: :confused: the lenses range from 15 cm to 75 cm combination table is in inches and cm stating combine for aplanat eg 75 65 ect i do have images but cant seem to post them

?

I have now tried to read this 5 times, and I still don't understand what you're asking!!

Is there something you're missing in the set? and if so what..

If you first of all put a period between sentences, maybe then I could understand you..
(being danish doesn't help either..)

is your set something like this?

http://www.emilschildt.com/kameraer/DSCF1227.jpg

thomasjjm
5-Aug-2009, 15:19
yes that is lenses
I would just like to know what they are
and best use :)
I have coversion table with set

CCHarrison
5-Aug-2009, 16:52
You have a Busch "Vade Mecum" Lens set - also known as a Casket set. Attached is a period ad from "The Photo Minature" magazine July 1899 regarding your set.

CCHarrison
5-Aug-2009, 16:56
another ad from the Photogram 1899

and Ole's casket lens page http://www.casket-set.com/sets.html

Dan

Glenn Thoreson
5-Aug-2009, 19:30
My, oh my! Maybe you better send that to me for scientific investigation. :D
Just kidding...........
Honestly, you have a real treasure there.

thomasjjm
6-Aug-2009, 17:27
thank you all very much for your comments and replies
it feels good to know something about these lenses
from the people in the know :)

thomasjjm
7-Aug-2009, 04:48
Ebay Here We Come :) ;0