PDA

View Full Version : 65mm SA on a Linhof Super Color?

Phil Woodney
5-Aug-2009, 11:32
I've searched and searched for information about this combination and have had no luck at all. I seem to remember somone telling me a couple of hundred years ago that the lens (single-coated) would cover 4X5 with minimal movements and that the Super Color's bellows would compress enough to allow a 65mm. Could anyone tell me if that is indeed the case? And, if so, is a recessed lens board necessary?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Bob Salomon
5-Aug-2009, 12:52
A 65mm 5.6 SA covered a 170mm circle at f22 so that covers 4x5.
Now, which camera:
Kardan Color?
Kardan Color ST?
Kardan Super Color?
Kardan Super Color ST?
Linhof Color?
Kardan Super Color JBL?
or a Kardan?

Peter K
5-Aug-2009, 12:53
For both versions of the Linhof Super Color - the older has a round optical bench, the newer a flat one - one needs a ww-bellows and a recessed lens-board with the SA 65mm. Both SA 65mm covers the 152mm of 4x5". But the f/5.6 with 170mm image circle allows more movement as the f/8 with an image circle of 155mm.

Peter

Phil Woodney
5-Aug-2009, 23:11
Thanks to both Bob and Peter for your answers. It's the later model Kardan Super Color with the flat rails. Lens is a SA 65mm 5.6, serial number in the 10,xxx,xxx.

Peter K
6-Aug-2009, 02:09
At infinity the distance between rear surface of shutter to ground-glass is 71,4mm with your SA 65mm. This is the the normal bellows maximum compressed. A recessed lensboard, ca. 19mm, compensates the camera standards, but there is no movement possible. So as said before you will need a ww-bellows too.

Peter