PDA

View Full Version : Will Horseman 6x7 back fit onto Cambo Legend?

Jared Finan
28-Sep-2001, 15:54
I have a Cambo Legend PC 4x5 camera. I want to purchase a 6x7 back, and have he ard that the Horseman is a good choice. I have read some of the archives and I am a litte confused. Will the Horseman 6x7 Roll film holder fit directly on the back of my Cambo Legend? I keep reading about Graflock back and I get a bit co nfused. Thanks.

paul owen
28-Sep-2001, 16:30
Jared, The answer is, I don't THINK so! The Horseman backs require an international or graflock back. This can be identified by a pair of sliding tabs on the camera back, best seen after the GG has been removed. These tabs lock the roll film back in place. If your camera has these then it will take the horseman, if not then you will have to look at the slide-in type. If my memeory serves me right, the cambo uses a different mechanism, but don't take this as gospel...contact Cambo and check with them. Regards Paul

Jim Galli
28-Sep-2001, 23:54
FWIW my cheaper Cambo SC with non rotating back is international as Paul describes. J

Jared Finan
29-Sep-2001, 00:21
Is the 'international' back the same as a 'graflock' back???

paul owen
29-Sep-2001, 14:58
Yes.

Jared Finan
29-Sep-2001, 15:08
Thank you, I found out that this back is the graflok type from the original owner. I appreciate all your input. The Horseman 6x7 is now on order from B&H. I'll give my review on it when I get a chance to work with it.

Thanks, Jared.