PDA

View Full Version : Bromoil Paper?

kev curry
22-Jul-2009, 14:23
Waiting for some books on alternative processes to arrive any day now. In the mean time I'm trying to source some suppliers of all the materials needed for doing Bromoil prints.

What paper/s are available and where can I find them in the UK or Europe?

Thanks....

Toyon
22-Jul-2009, 14:35
Try Bostick and Sullivan. Www.bostick-sullivan.com.

Emil Schildt
22-Jul-2009, 16:13
hi Kev.
I have dome many, many bromoils, but I have never seemed to get the results with "normal" papers...
I use liquid emulsion as matrix.
Liquid emulsion is by nature unhardened, so it is a fairly straight way of trying this process.

There are dozens of different emulsions out there - my best results are with the Czeck FOMA emulsion (it is like it is born for this technique).

IF you try, you must know, that the recipie for the bleach is slightly different than the one used for "normal" papers..

if in doubt - as me..

good luck.

(PS: Gene Laughter (on apug) is an expert in bromoils - maybe you can get good information from him..)

kev curry
23-Jul-2009, 00:04
Thanks Toyon. Thanks Emil, I like the sound of using liquid emulsion.... luckily ''Silver Gelatin's'' on order. Do you use a number of different papers or other materials as the base for the emulsion? Oh...and where would I find the recipe for the bleach:)?

Many thanks

Emil Schildt
23-Jul-2009, 13:52
Thanks Toyon. Thanks Emil, I like the sound of using liquid emulsion.... luckily ''Silver Gelatin's'' on order. Do you use a number of different papers or other materials as the base for the emulsion? Oh...and where would I find the recipe for the bleach:)?

Many thanks

hi Kev.
when you're mentioning "Silver Gelatine" - is it the book or the SE1 liquid emulsion?

IF it is the book, then the recipie is in the back of that one (otherwise write me) - if it is the emulsion, then a friendly warning is in place!!; SE1 liquid emulsion is VERY difficult to work with as bromoil (not as "normal" emulsion - that's a treat to work with).
That's why I mentioned the FOMA stuff..

kev curry
24-Jul-2009, 00:15
Hello Emil...ah, sorry I was referring to the book. That's great that the bleach recipe is in the book, It should be arriving shortly.

Thank you