PDA

View Full Version : Velvia 50 Discontinuation rumours

more photography
15-Jul-2009, 06:31
I have just been on the phone to Robert White in the UK, who have stopped selling Velvia 50 QuickLoad, apparently Fuji UK are also going to stop importing Velvia 50, as it is going out of date, due the minumum order required to import from Fuji Japan.

Things don't look promising for 5x4, initial Kodak readyload pulled out, followed by Fuji withdrawing Astia,Acros in QL and now Velvia.

BrianShaw
15-Jul-2009, 06:38
I might be behind the times... what, when and where did Kodak pull out?

more photography
15-Jul-2009, 06:43
I might be behind the times... what, when and where did Kodak pull out?

Whilst Kodak still sell Film for darkslides, I meant readyload, Robert White are still selling Velvia 50, but not in the QL format, and that is UK only.

BrianShaw
15-Jul-2009, 06:47
Ahh. thanks for the claification.

Joanna Carter
15-Jul-2009, 07:23
I have just been on the phone to Robert White in the UK, who have stopped selling Velvia 50 QuickLoad, apparently Fuji UK are also going to stop importing Velvia 50, as it is going out of date, due the minumum order required to import from Fuji Japan.

Things don't look promising for 5x4, initial Kodak readyload pulled out, followed by Fuji withdrawing Astia,Acros in QL and now Velvia.

I have just been on the phone to Fuji UK and gather that Robert White have got the story a little mixed up. All available UK stock of Velvia 50 (short dated) has been shipped to Fuji UK's online store and, in about 4 months, fresh stock will be imported.

Join in with the thread on the UKLFPG about a bulk purchase of QL film from the US, it was initially about Astia but, if we can put together an order for 20 boxes of any films, the cost can be comparable to over here, even with shipping and taxes.

The main problem with slow sales of the new Velvia 50 could well be that, when Fuji withdrew the original emulsion many people started hording vast amounts in freezers and, my guess is, they already have a few years worth of old emulsion left to use.

Kirk Keyes
15-Jul-2009, 15:20
Join in with the thread on the UKLFPG about a bulk purchase of QL film from the US, it was initially about Astia but, if we can put together an order for 20 boxes of any films, the cost can be comparable to over here, even with shipping and taxes.

Can you give a link to it?

percepts
15-Jul-2009, 16:35
http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/

thats for film in the UK not the US although I think they ship internationally

Aender Brepsom
16-Jul-2009, 12:25
Can you give a link to it?

http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1019