PDA

View Full Version : Lensboard for Linhof Master 2000

asd
15-Jul-2009, 01:06
I am about to make deicision to buy a Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-digital lens 35mm f/4.5 or a Schneider Apo-Digitar XL 35mm f/5.6 lens which I shall put in my Master 2000.

In order to focus to infinity by the built-in focusing track, Linhof advised me to use special lensboard 001035.

But in other review, it said that "The Schneider Digitar 35mm will not focus to infinity on a view camera with a sliding adapter. It will on something like the Cambo Wide DS, where it is in a helical mount and can be positioned just millimeters away from the chip plane. But on a camera like the Linhof, even with the wide angle bellows in place and a triple recessed lens board, it won't work."

I am a bit confused. Do you face this situation?

My digital back is Leaf Aptus 22.

Bob Salomon
15-Jul-2009, 03:04
Follow Linhof's advice.

Bob McCarthy
15-Jul-2009, 07:10
asd,

The widest lens I've shot with my TK2k is the fifty something Schneider (owned by Scott R). Widest I've owned is a 75mm.

Anyway to the point of this post, i wasn't aware a digital back could be affixed to a TK2k. is this something 3rd party or does linhof have something up it's sleeve that i am unaware?

bob

Bob Salomon
15-Jul-2009, 07:32
asd,

The widest lens I've shot with my TK2k is the fifty something Schneider (owned by Scott R). Widest I've owned is a 75mm.

Anyway to the point of this post, i wasn't aware a digital back could be affixed to a TK2k. is this something 3rd party or does linhof have something up it's sleeve that i am unaware?

bob

Linhof has both an adapter that puts any digital or film back that mounts to a Hasselblad V camera onto any 4x5 camera with the International back, including all Technika IV, V, Master, 2000 and 3000 models as well as all recent Kardan (40+ years) and the TK and TKS. They also have a shift back that mounts to the current 3000, older Master, V and IV cameras and the 2000 and Masters made without the removable back (those 2000 and Masters without the removable back are easily modified by service to accept the new sliding back). In addition, the 3000 has a drop bed that has an extra drop position to eliminate the end of the bed from being in the picture when the back is positioned vertically. Service can also add this extra drop position to recent Masters and to all 2000 models. The Sliding Back from Linhof accepts adapter plates to use Hasselblad V, H, Contax 645, Mamiya 645 AF/AFD digital and film backs. Besides the sliding function left to right the Linhof shift back also allows a 15mm rise and a 15mm shift function. Both of these systems are available for immediate delivery.

Additionally another Linhof adapter plate is available for the Linhof 23 cameras with the round adapter ring for the gg back as well as for the TK23 and TKS23 cameras which also permit mounting Hasselblad V back on to these camera bodies for digital work.

Bob Salomon
15-Jul-2009, 07:47
I am about to make deicision to buy a Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-digital lens 35mm f/4.5 or a Schneider Apo-Digitar XL 35mm f/5.6 lens which I shall put in my Master 2000.

In order to focus to infinity by the built-in focusing track, Linhof advised me to use special lensboard 001035.

But in other review, it said that "The Schneider Digitar 35mm will not focus to infinity on a view camera with a sliding adapter. It will on something like the Cambo Wide DS, where it is in a helical mount and can be positioned just millimeters away from the chip plane. But on a camera like the Linhof, even with the wide angle bellows in place and a triple recessed lens board, it won't work."

I am a bit confused. Do you face this situation?

My digital back is Leaf Aptus 22.

The correct board for a Technika 2000 with the 35mm Rodenstock Apo Sironar Digital OR the Apo Grandagon is the 001015 Comfort board. To use either of these lenses on the TechniKardan 45 or 45S the 001035 board is required.

The 35mm Rodenstocks above have a flange focal length of 43.2mm in Copal 0 shutter. The 35mm Apo Digitar XL has a flange focal length of 39.4mm so a different board with more recess will be needed to use it.

As an example, on the Linhof M679cs. The 35mm Apo Sironar Digital requires a 3x recessed board and the 35mm Apo Digitar XL requires a 4x recessed board.

Another example would be the new CarbonFiber/Aluminum digital field camera that will be out next month from Linhof. The 23mm Rodenstock lens uses a flat board on this new camera while the 23mm Schneider will require a deeply recessed board on the same camera.

Rodenstock has taken particular care to make the flange focal lengths as long as possible to work as comfortably and with as much movement as possible. There are many view cameras that can not even use these short lenses due to the camera's mechanical design. That required long flange focal lengths.

asd
15-Jul-2009, 18:45
Bob,

I used a 3rd party sliding plate to put digital back to my 2000 and sinar 4x5P. I shot with all my lens from 75 to 300mm lens with good result. But I could not go wide because the CCD size of Aptus 22 is 36x48mm. In order to get wide angle picture, I need a lens with 35mm focal length which is about 25mm in 135 format.

To : Mr. Bob Saloman

What is the estimated cost to add extra drop position for Master 2000?

And do you mean that I need a different lens board to use Schneider Apo Digitar 35mm whereas 001015 is OK for Rodenstock Apo Sironar Digital 35mm? If yes, which is code number for Apo Digitar 35mm?

asd
15-Jul-2009, 19:32
One more question:

When a 35mm lens, either Apo Sironar Digital or Apo Digitar, is put in Master 2000, is there any room for rising the lens standard to correct vertical line when shooting buildings?

asd
17-Jul-2009, 18:03
Look like no answer for my question on Master 2000.

How about on Sinar P or F. If I put Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-digital lens 35mm f/4.5 or a Schneider Apo-Digitar XL 35mm f/5.6 lens on Sinar 4x5P or 4x5F with wide angle bellow, can I focus at infinity?

I think I could make lens board movement up to limitations set by the lens manufacturer.

Bob Salomon
18-Jul-2009, 05:51
One more question:

When a 35mm lens, either Apo Sironar Digital or Apo Digitar, is put in Master 2000, is there any room for rising the lens standard to correct vertical line when shooting buildings?

What will you be shooting, film or digital.

Yes, there will be some rise possible but how much will depend on the image format size.

Bob Salomon
18-Jul-2009, 05:53
Bob,

I used a 3rd party sliding plate to put digital back to my 2000 and sinar 4x5P. I shot with all my lens from 75 to 300mm lens with good result. But I could not go wide because the CCD size of Aptus 22 is 36x48mm. In order to get wide angle picture, I need a lens with 35mm focal length which is about 25mm in 135 format.

To : Mr. Bob Saloman

What is the estimated cost to add extra drop position for Master 2000?

You would have to ask the Linhof service center. In the USA that is Marflex. 252 652 4401.