PDA

View Full Version : Third incarnation of TMAX 400?

bbjorkum
10-Jul-2009, 09:01
Is the latest production line of TMAX 400 the third incarnation of this film? The notches on my two last boxes of 400TMAX (the green ones) are different. And I noticed on the latest 120 rolls that it stated 400TMAX-2. My rolls of 400TMAX-2 came out denser than the 400TMAX. It's pretty confusing.

I should add that I use Paul Butzi's extremely excellent times and D76 1+1 on a Jobo ATL machine. But if the last production line is different, I will have to modify the development time.

Bruce Watson
10-Jul-2009, 09:22
Is the latest production line of TMAX 400 the third incarnation of this film? The notches on my two last boxes of 400TMAX (the green ones) are different. And I noticed on the latest 120 rolls that it stated 400TMAX-2. My rolls of 400TMAX-2 came out denser than the 400TMAX. It's pretty confusing.

I should add that I use Paul Butzi's extremely excellent times and D76 1+1 on a Jobo ATL machine. But if the last production line is different, I will have to modify the development time.

TMY-2 sheets have a single "v" notch code. This is a new emulsion over the older 400Tmax who's notch code I can't remember off hand. But as a new emulsion it most likely has different exposure and development requirements than the emulsion it replaces. TMY-2 is a couple of years old now BTW.

bbjorkum
10-Jul-2009, 09:32
Which means that I should contact Paul Butzi and ask if the 400TMAX times of his were for the single notch version. Thanks! :-)