PDA

View Full Version : Lodima Fine Art Silver Chloride Paper Update

Michael A. Smith
9-Jul-2009, 12:21
We tested a Grade 2 contrast grade Lodima Fine Art silver chloride paper last week, and we are more than pleased to report that it matched Azo Grade 2 exactly.

We have a coating date in the near future, but we need more orders to make it happen. So, if you have planned to order paper, but have not done so yet, now is the time.

Michael A. Smith

Sal Santamaura
9-Jul-2009, 13:56
We tested a Grade 2 contrast grade Lodima Fine Art silver chloride paper last week, and we are more than pleased to report that it matched Azo Grade 2 exactly...Michael, is that Rochester Azo Grade 2 or Canadian Azo Grade 2? Also, how did the image color compare to the test coating we tried last year? Thanks!

Michael A. Smith
9-Jul-2009, 15:11
Michael, is that Rochester Azo Grade 2 or Canadian Azo Grade 2? Also, how did the image color compare to the test coating we tried last year? Thanks!

Rochester Grade 2. Color is identical to the Grade 3.

If I were trying to match the "Canadian" grade 2, you would have every right to call me insane. Some may call me that for getting a new paper made in the first place, but those folks I can answer.

There are some people who like the Canadian Grade 2, and I have made some beautiful prints with it, but if that was the best Kodak could do, it is a good thing they discontinued the paper.

Michael A. Smith

wfwhitaker
11-Jul-2009, 20:04
We have a coating date in the near future, but we need more orders to make it happen.

Michael,

Could you be a little more specific? How many more orders do you need? At what percent of your goal do you stand? When is the "near future"? Is there a deadline? a go/no-go date?

Tony Lakin
12-Jul-2009, 02:13
Michael
I have never had the opportunity to try a silver chloride paper and would like to try Lodima unfortunately I have had to semi retire due to ill health and could not afford to purchase the minimum quantity just to try, also the cost of shipping would be high, is there likely to be a chance of a smaller 'trial pack' say 25 sheets of 8x10 which would also make the shipping more affordable.
Thank you
Regards
Tony

Michael A. Smith
12-Jul-2009, 16:56
For a smaller quantity, contact me directly through our web site: http://www.michaelandpaula.com

Michael A. Smith

Michael A. Smith
12-Jul-2009, 16:59
Michael,

Could you be a little more specific? How many more orders do you need? At what percent of your goal do you stand? When is the "near future"? Is there a deadline? a go/no-go date?

At this time I cannot be more specific. How many orders we will yet need is a function of some specific large orders that may or may not come through. The near future is when we have enough orders. Right now there is no deadline, although sooner is better for sure.

Michael A. Smith

Jan Pedersen
12-Jul-2009, 22:49
Michael, Are you pushing the Lodima Fine Art Paper outside of this forum, Apug and your own website? I seriously doubt that you are going to reach enough people if you don't get out to a larger audience. after all there are more LF photographers than those frequenting these 3 forums.
I want to see this being a succesful project but a good sales pitch and perhaps a colaboration with a large vendor may be needed to make this happen.