PDA

View Full Version : Wollensak Verito 7 1/4" shutter?

zoneVIII
2-Jul-2009, 09:47
Anybody know what kind of shutter to fit this lens, just got it in barrel,
and what year of the production for the serial number 143** ?
Thanks a bunch

Lynn Jones
2-Jul-2009, 11:19
It is a portrait soft focus (and a very good one). It can't be practically mount
ed in a shutter unless you have a behind the lens air shutter.

Lynn

Darren Kruger
2-Jul-2009, 11:34
Anybody know what kind of shutter to fit this lens, just got it in barrel, and what year of the production for the serial number 143** ?

Depends on the age of the lens. If it fits in a shutter, it would probably be a Wollensak made one. A picture of the lens might help on with the age. Can you measure the threads of the cells and the length of the barrel?

-Darren

wfwhitaker
2-Jul-2009, 11:41
The 1922 Wollensak catalog at Cameraeccentric.com (http://www.cameraeccentric.com/info.html) lists the 7 1/4" Verito as being available in barrel, Studio shutter or Betax shutter. You can check the link yourself for Wollensak catalogs from other years to see if there are any others. It's possible, but unlikely that the cells from your barrel-mounted lens would be a direct fit into an existing shutter. As with other vintage lenses, the cells could be removed from the barrel and adapted to a modern shutter by a reliable and knowledgeable shop. The 7 1/4" Verito should have cells small enough to be adaptable to a modern shutter. My 8 3/4" is in an Ilex #4.

Jan Pedersen
2-Jul-2009, 13:16
Tim Sharkey mounted my 8 3/4" in a Compund #4 so yes, it will fit in a shutter but may need a custom job.

goamules
2-Jul-2009, 15:28
My 7 1/2 [sic] is in a Betax 4. There is a factory barrel/spacer on the front and rear, then the elements screw into that.

zoneVIII
2-Jul-2009, 17:51
Thanks all,
I think it's need machine job to fit in copal 3 or compund

zoneVIII
3-Jul-2009, 01:31
Darren, the thread is 52mm, rear and front, the compund in 210mm heliar got little space to fit

Darren Kruger
3-Jul-2009, 09:58
Darren, the thread is 52mm, rear and front, the compund in 210mm heliar got little space to fit

Doesn't seem to match any Wollensak shutters I have measured. A Betax #3 takes cells that have ~45mm thread. A Betax #4 takes ~61mm. A Rapax #3 takes ~39mm.

-Darren

zoneVIII
3-Jul-2009, 10:40
Thanks Darren