PDA

View Full Version : Do the LE works of photog such as Rodney Lough appreciate?

crazyg
29-Jun-2009, 15:08
I apologize for what many of you will likely view as a lame question. My wife and I love art, just aren't very good at it. So we often end up purchasing things we really like.

About three years ago, we purchased several of Rodney Lough's LE prints from one of his galleries. We love them as one is sentimental (I grew up hiking the tetons) and the other one my wife just loved. We have no plans on selling them.

But my question is, do items such as these appreciate? We are looking at the photos of several other artists to add to our collection and were just wondering if beyond the "we just love them" part of purchasing them if there is also a financial appreciation part.

Thanks for any input!

Tony Karnezis
29-Jun-2009, 20:04
Yes they can appreciate. The photographs that I purchased more than 3 years ago all currently sell for between 2-10 times what I paid for them. Keep in mind there is a difference between the price that the artist/gallery commands and the price that you may get for your prints. Just check Rodney's web site and see what your prints currently sell for.