PDA

View Full Version : How to load holder onto Speed Graphic?

Athiril
25-Jun-2009, 22:34
May sound dumb but my speed graphic 4x5 just arrived..

Anyway can google up instructions but they are all for loading film into holders, none of them show or tell how to replace the ground glass holder with film holder?

Just using standard wooden holders.

Greg Lockrey
25-Jun-2009, 23:27
:confused: :confused: :confused: Are you asking how to slide the film holder behind the ground glass? The ground glass doesn't need to come off.

Athiril
25-Jun-2009, 23:33
I mean, how do I load the film holder onto the camera?

I assume the assembly with the popup hood that also holds the ground glass/focussing screen needs to be out of the way.

*just clicked*

fuck I feel stupid... I felt adverse to pulling the ground glass back on the tension holders, dont like bending or breaking metal on things...

hehe.

Greg Lockrey
25-Jun-2009, 23:37
It does. The film holder goes in between the ground glass and camera. Just pull the glass holder up a bit and slide the film holder in. Then don't forget to pull the slide from the film holder before you take the picture also make sure that the shutter is closed first. ;)

Athiril
25-Jun-2009, 23:43
Those other steps are second nature from using my RB67... oh man, I need to like undo this thread and bury the evidence xD

Greg Lockrey
25-Jun-2009, 23:45
Do you mean that you get it now? :) Glad to help. ;)

Athiril
25-Jun-2009, 23:48
Do you mean that you get it now? :) Glad to help. ;)

I figured it out shortly after my second post then edited that xD

Lets all pretend this never happened.

Greg Lockrey
25-Jun-2009, 23:53
I figured it out shortly after my second post then edited that xD

Lets all pretend this never happened.

Hey I know where you are coming from... I have an old stereo cameras from the 50's that doesn't have a hinged back and you have to take the back completely off to load the film. It also has two buttons to push before you advance the film. It would be an easy camera to break if you didn't pay attention to what you are doing.