PDA

View Full Version : to find 4X5 film in brazil

nicolas floch
22-Jun-2009, 13:25
Hello,
I will travel to porto alegre for a project and I am searching in the city or in brazil not too far to buy 4X5 color film and to process it.
Do anyone have a few adress
Thank you

Charles Young
22-Jun-2009, 13:31
Hey Nicolas,

Processing them shouldn't be a problem, but finding film will be.
There are a few shops in São Paulo that sell 4x5 film, but they do not stock a great variety of them. You should be able to mail order them.
I'd suggest you bring as much film as you can from wherever you coming - it's going to be a lot cheaper too!

cheers,

Charles Young
www.paisagembrasileira.com

nicolas floch
22-Jun-2009, 14:25
thanks charles,
I am traveling from paris and film is not cheap here either but I can ask people to order it there for me. I will travel in 3 weeks. I saw at fujifilm brazil that they have quickload in provia, it can be but I would prefer portra nc.
Do you have some adress where I can order film or adress of shops.

cheers
nicolas

Charles Young
23-Jun-2009, 07:56
Nicolas,

here's a list of places and prices from the last time I checked:

Consigo (www.consigo.com.br) had Velvia 100F @ 105R$ (~50USD) for 10 sheets.

Provia 100F/10 sheets was available at Tecnocroma (http://www.tecnocroma.com.br/)for 91R$ , at Consigo for 97,90R$ and at Capovilla (http://www.capovilla.com.br/) for 109R$. The the Dollar to Real ratio is about 2:1 right now.

Keep in mind I've that I've never seen quickloads for sale down here.

Cheers and good luck!

Charles

nicolas floch
23-Jun-2009, 09:22
thank you Charles,
Thats help a lot. I will order some film from there.
Do you know also were I can process them. I found a place in buenos aires, which is not that far from porto alegre but it will be more simple in Brazil.

cheers and thanks again very much for the help!

nicolas

roshandark
1-Jul-2009, 22:55
noup ,sorry but why dont you search with google :-) :-) , you definitly find all brazzilian shop of your choice, try google map , i am sharing this experience because once i was on journey and then suddenly i needed some shop and i just go on net and open wikimapia and i found what i want , you also can try if you have inet available.

Charles Young
2-Jul-2009, 13:28
Hi Nicholas,

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with any shops in Porto Alegre.
I'd suggest you check google like roshandark suggested.

Cheers and good luck

Charles