PDA

View Full Version : Gossen Starlite - puzzle!

Paul O
14-Jun-2009, 13:37
I've been using a Gossen Starlite for the last few weeks (following a friend's purchase of a lovely used example)and I'm very pleased with how it works. Whilst glancing through the specs I've come across a puzzling feature of this all-singing, all-dancing meter ... the "integrated serial interface socket" ... what is it for? Any ideas/suggestions gratefully accepted!

Arne Croell
15-Jun-2009, 10:25
Its the small connector under the front lens according to the description. I would assume that that is the sync cord connector since they refer to the possibility of corded flash measurements. Now why they name it that way, no real idea.

I've been using a Gossen Starlite for the last few weeks (following a friend's purchase of a lovely used example)and I'm very pleased with how it works. Whilst glancing through the specs I've come across a puzzling feature of this all-singing, all-dancing meter ... the "integrated serial interface socket" ... what is it for? Any ideas/suggestions gratefully accepted!

Bob Salomon
15-Jun-2009, 11:31
Its the small connector under the front lens according to the description. I would assume that that is the sync cord connector since they refer to the possibility of corded flash measurements. Now why they name it that way, no real idea.

The Starlite has a synch connector for a cord on the front face of the meter on the bottom right hand corner. The Starlite 2 might be different.

Sevo
15-Jun-2009, 12:23
And there is a connector on the left side which is a serial according to the manual - no mention of protocol and plug assignment though, nor does the manual list a matching cord. Perhaps a option that was never implemented - or something which they only supported in photometry mode, with special software, and never marketed towards photographers...

Sevo