PDA

View Full Version : hi from Berlin

noci
11-Jun-2009, 06:08
hi folks,

I'm new here... and slowly migrating towards LF! :)
usually I hang out at rangefinderforum.. in real life I'm a student and also teach media literacy, which includes photography, at the Technical University Berlin.

I mostly shoot weird landscapes and for the last year or so situational vignettes, or whatever you want to call it. hoping to enrich my understanding of photography by moving towards the quintessential apparatus ;]

take care,

Max

arkady n.
11-Jun-2009, 10:21
Welcome to the forum

Peter De Smidt
16-Jun-2009, 13:08
Hi Max,

Welcome!

Vick Vickery
16-Jun-2009, 18:29
Welcome to group therepy! :)

noci
17-Jun-2009, 16:12
thanks, friends!

.. oh yea.. let the therepy begin! ;}

x
m

Charles Hohenstein
18-Jun-2009, 16:18
Welcome.

pfauland
25-Jul-2009, 00:49
Another LF photographer from Berlin !! How nice. What are you currently working on ?

Many Greetings

Peter

stefan d
25-Jul-2009, 02:26
Hallo Max,
here is another one from Berlin.
Herzlich Willkommen !

noci
29-Jul-2009, 12:42
hi all, and fellow Berliners! :)

Peter- well, I plan on shooting sub- and periurban landscapes, in Berlin as well as the US. As you can see from my site, I mainly do "experimental landscapes", whatever that might mean. In any case, I believe that working on the intersection point of subject matter and photographic technique is what always interests me- hence my foray into LF, actually. It'll be at least another 6 months before I'll post anything done in LF on my site - slow worker, and the initial rolls and sheets of film probably won't produce much in terms of a cohesive series.
What did you get started in LF? and Stefan?

kind regards,
Max

Michael A. Smith
1-Aug-2009, 22:14
Welcome to LF photography. Once you get used to looking at a large ground glass it is very difficult to want to make photographs any other way.

Although we have not gotten around to announcing it yet, except that it is listed on our web site http://www.michaelandpaula.com, Paula and I have been invited to teach a workshop one of our Vision and Technique Workshops in Berlin, Npvember 6-8. Details are on our web site under "Workshops."

Recent comments about our workshops have included these:

"Just a note of thanks to you both for having me at your wonderful workshop. There are events that occur in one's life that you consider a milestone for growth for who you are or become. I can honestly say that your workshop is one of my milestone events."

"I truly enjoyed your workshop. The experience expanded my perspective and I have not felt this level of excitement since I started in photography. The best workshop of the dozen that I have attended."

Michael A. Smith