PDA

View Full Version : Help! Epson 3800 Paper Feeding Problem

Brian Vuillemenot
5-Jun-2009, 22:19
I was printing on my 3800 on 8.5 X 11 inch paper last night using the auto feeder and the first two prints came out somewaht skewed, as they fed into the machine at a slight angle. I then tried to print a third sheet, and it went in completely skewed. I removed the paper and tried again, but had the same issue. I turned the machine off and let it rest for a few minutes. After turning it back on, I heard a metallic grinding sound, and then got a "contact service center" message. I turned it on again today and got a "clear paper jam" message, then a "contact service center" message. Has anyone had any similar issues with their 3800, or have an idea of how to fix it? I'd rather fix it myself if possible- I don't have the time or energy right now to deal with a service center. The machine is only 1.5 years old and hasn't been used very much. Thanks for any advice!

ljsegil
6-Jun-2009, 09:33
I had problems with my 3800 involving roller feeder markings on my prints, though not the problems you are describing. However, I did contact the Epson service center where they were remarkably polite and helpful, prescribing a bunch of attempts to fix the problem, and when the attempts all failed they ultimately replaced the printer despite the fact that it was long out of warranty. I was very satisfied with the help I received.
LJS