PDA

View Full Version : Cable release stripped?

tonyluong
31-May-2009, 08:51
Hi all,

Currently making photographs with a Busch Pressman D, Rapax Wollensak 135mm and have been encountering the problem of my cable release not even threading to begin with. It doesn't appear to be stripped, it just doesn't seem to have anything to thread with. Tried a new cable release to see if that was the problem, didn't seem like it. The threads in the lens look fine, I do remember maybe seeing an adapter for smaller cable release holes? That might have just been the adapter for hard to reach cable release holes. Anyways, is there any way to remedy this?

Thanks,
tony

Jim Noel
31-May-2009, 10:15
Are you sure the threads you see in the shutter aren't the remains of a broken off cable release? Rapax take standard cable releases.

Archphoto
31-May-2009, 10:18
If you keep having problems: Linhof makes relase cable adapters that you srew onto your lensboard with 2 srews.
Normaly there are used for the Technika boards.

Peter

tonyluong
31-May-2009, 10:29
Are you sure the threads you see in the shutter aren't the remains of a broken off cable release? Rapax take standard cable releases.

Positive. Interesting discovery I just found though, I have two short length cable releases, both are Gepe I believe and one like General Brand 20ft air bulb, the air bulb fits fine. Must be the cable releases themselves since they don't really fit too well on my Mamiya RZ.

Guess its back to Calumet I go for a new cable release.

tonyluong
31-May-2009, 10:30
If you keep having problems: Linhof makes relase cable adapters that you srew onto your lensboard with 2 srews.
Normaly there are used for the Technika boards.

Peter

Hmm, interesting. If all else fails, I will check those out. Thank you Peter!

Jon Shiu
1-Jun-2009, 10:28
If you can find one, the minolta cable release has a pretty small tip.

Jon