PDA

View Full Version : Jack the Hat...

bvstaples
29-May-2009, 12:15
Any one dealt with this UK vendor? He's got some decent pricing on filters and such, but his ads remind me of Crazy What's His Name from NYC.

Just curious...

Brian

Bob Salomon
29-May-2009, 12:35
Any one dealt with this UK vendor? He's got some decent pricing on filters and such, but his ads remind me of Crazy What's His Name from NYC.

Just curious...

Brian

What was his name:

Crazy Eddie But they are long closed and he eventually went to jail.

Bob Salomon
29-May-2009, 12:43
Or is this why?

From Wikipedia:
"Jack The Hat, was a notorious London criminal of the 1950s and 1960s. He is posthumously famous for triggering the imprisonment and downfall of the Kray twins. He had acted as an enforcer and hitman with links to "the firm", and was murdered by Reggie Kray in 1967. "

Pete Watkins
29-May-2009, 13:42
Bob,
As far as I can remember his "name" was Jack the hat McVitie. Just a phase we went through over here.
best wishes,
Pete

Bob Salomon
29-May-2009, 13:47
Bob,
As far as I can remember his "name" was Jack the hat McVitie. Just a phase we went through over here.
best wishes,
Pete

You had a couple of infamous Jacks overtime.

kev curry
29-May-2009, 23:26
...and oddly enough his real name was John McVitie!

RickV
30-May-2009, 02:20
I've purchased from jackthehat in UK and had the items shipped to Australia. I've found him to be a good seller in every way. However, it's still ebay, so "caveat emptor".

Blueberrydesk
30-May-2009, 14:13
What was his name:

Crazy Eddie But they are long closed and he eventually went to jail.

Good ol' Eddie Antar. I believe he got out of jail, and is apparently rehabilitated. Last I had heard, he had started another store...

John T
30-May-2009, 15:00
ol' Eddie Antar. I believe he got out of jail, and is apparently rehabilitated. Last I had heard, he had started another store...

Is it in Brooklyn?

Blueberrydesk
30-May-2009, 16:12
Hmm, apparently my info is several years old. Looks like they revived the store several times, each time meeting with demise. ah well.

Donald Miller
30-May-2009, 23:52
Eddie took inventory of empty boxes to new heights...and his bankers to new lows.

eddie
1-Jun-2009, 04:26
"OUR PRICES ARE INSANEEEEEEE!"

boy i loved those commercials. i just watched few on youtube the other day....i never did find the one i remember best...he was shaking the crap out of this little plastic x-mas tree.....fun memories.

Mark Sampson
1-Jun-2009, 04:59
Crazy Eddie was fine but "noboby beats the Wiz!" except that they're gone too.

Bob Salomon
1-Jun-2009, 06:31
There was a show about London mobs on cable yesterday and and, among others, JacK The Hat popped up for a few minutes.