PDA

View Full Version : Are you planning to visit the great Northwest? Free room and transportation offered.

lfgary
25-May-2009, 06:14
Are you considering a trip to the great Northwest (Oregon and Washington)? I will offer you a weekend of local knowledge (shooting locations, etc), all transportation, and a free place to stay in return for you tutoring me on the use of a large format camera. Six years ago I had a brief foray into large format, but haven't gone back since. You can see my photography website at thecolorblindphotographer.net. I do have ten years of experience with 35mm, 6 x 9, and more recently digital (Nikon D90). However I covet the look of a large format print and can't wait to get started again. This is a serious offer.

Please contact me at gary.conrad@gmail.com if you are interested. I live in Portland, Oregon.

jb7
25-May-2009, 09:28
Any chance of a flight?
I'd love to go there...

Jrewt
25-May-2009, 10:10
I miss seattle very much. I'd be up there in a heartbeat if I didn't have to work =(

lfgary
25-May-2009, 11:13
Airfare is not included :) . But hey it was worth asking.

Santo Roman
27-May-2009, 00:16
I'll be heading back home to Seattle in mid aug. Need to put on new gutters before we leave the country.

santo

Eric Brody
27-May-2009, 10:32
Consider connecting with the Portland Photographer's Forum. We meet monthly though things change over the summer and also do occasional field trips, I do not know about formal instruction but there's always someone willing to help.

Eric

Sheldon N
27-May-2009, 10:38
Hey Gary -

Once you get your camera, drop me a PM or an email through the forum. I'd be glad to get out and shoot with you in the Gorge or somewhere local and show you the ropes on the camera.

The Shen-Hao that Brandon has posted would be a great place to start.

venchka
27-May-2009, 11:11
This is a great idea for all of us to consider.

lfgary
27-May-2009, 21:22
Wayne- I moved from Ft Worth last summer it would be great to see a fellow Texan.

Eric- I sent you a message earlier in the day.

Sheldon- I will take you up on your offer. I am going to see a Woodfield 4 x 5 here in Portland tomorrow that comes with 3 lenses.

venchka
28-May-2009, 08:55
This is a great idea for all of us to consider.

Thanks Gary. I may take you up on your offer some day.

I also think that this idea could work in other parts of the country. World. Planet.

tom north
3-Jun-2009, 16:25
Gary,

I live here in Portland and will be glad to take you out. There are interesting areas close by. Ecola park at the coast, the desert around Marysville, etc. I shoot 5 x 7 and 8 x 10. Just contact me and we'll set up something.

Tom