PDA

View Full Version : Krst

Richard Littlewood
23-May-2009, 10:14
Just bought another bottle and the new fluid is a pale green/yellow colour. All the bottles I can remember have always had a very clear liquid in them. Blue would have been nicer.

Gem Singer
23-May-2009, 10:25
Kodak Rapid Selenium Toner contains ammonium thiosulfate (rapid fix).

The yellow/green coloration indicates that the fixer in the concentrate has precipitated sulfur. The rapid fix is probably dead.

Does it smell like rotten eggs? It should smell like ammonia.

Richard Littlewood
23-May-2009, 10:34
Just been to have a sniff and the ammonia smell nearly took my head off.

Gem Singer
23-May-2009, 10:37
It's probably still good, but you won't know for sure until you use it.

Richard Littlewood
23-May-2009, 10:40
This bottle came from Silverprint in the UK, and I have to say I do trust them.

Gem Singer
23-May-2009, 11:13
If you trust Silverprint that much, why did you question the color change to yellow/green?

This bottle of KRST traveled across the ocean to Silverfast. They bought it from Kodak to re-sell and make a profit.

You bought it from Silverfast with complete confidence.

However, it probably sat on their shelf for a while. they had to sell it to somebody.

For your sake, I hope it's still useable.

Richard Littlewood
23-May-2009, 11:19
Actually the bottle label is a slightly different design. I've always liked the idea that of all the photo stuff I buy, very few things looked the same for years. Bottles of KRST have looked the same for so many years. Maybe there has been a 'revamp' of it.

Gem Singer
23-May-2009, 11:19
Excuse me Silverprint, not Silverfast. Got it mixed up with my scanner operating system.

Richard Littlewood
23-May-2009, 11:21
Gem. Are you enjoying a whiskey there?

Gem Singer
23-May-2009, 11:21
Are you certain that it's actually the Kodak product?

Gem Singer
23-May-2009, 11:24
No whiskey, Rich. It's merely a senior moment. It will happen to you too, someday.

Anyhow, good luck with the KRST.

Richard Littlewood
23-May-2009, 11:24
Kodak. Anyone ealse noticed a different look to it? Maybe its a Uk/Europe thing.

bob carnie
23-May-2009, 12:27
Hi Richard

I happened to notice this on the last 3 bottles I used last week , It seemed funny to me but the toner took so I did not question it. There was not a strong sulphur smell , just plain old selenium toner stink.

Kodak. Anyone ealse noticed a different look to it? Maybe its a Uk/Europe thing.