PDA

View Full Version : Silvestri

Scott Hoerner
19-Oct-2001, 00:30
I have just bought a Silvestri T-30 w/6x9 and 6x12 backs & 58, 100 & 150 lenses. As these are not common cameras in the states I am interested in finding others who own and have experience with this system. I would like to discuss exposure tips (with the focusing bellows for long lenses), what lenses over 200mm you hav e found compatible, and other topics as they come up. I am an experienced photog rapher but this is an unusual camera. Please contact me if you are interested in sharing info from time to time.

Darren Leal
19-Oct-2001, 02:23
Check out www.nickrains.com. Nick is a Australian landscape photographer that uses this unique camera. I believe he owns the SLV model which is the previous model.

Scott Hoerner
19-Oct-2001, 15:50
Thanks Darren, Actually I have been conversing with Nick off and on for about a year as I asked him Silvestri related questions. He was instrumental in my choice of the system to replace my P67 (I wanted the 6x9 & 6x12 format in one camera). I will miss the in camera meter but that is about all. I have used a Linhof 617 for couple years so hand metering is fine.