PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Bay Photographers

tgtaylor
20-May-2009, 08:42
The Bay Area Photography & Exploration Society is a loosely organized "Meetup" group of amateur and serious bay area photographers that get together for photography outings and (recently) guest lectures. Earlier this month photographer and author Harold Davis gave a well received presentation to the group on night photography and next month, Thursday, 18 June, Carmel based professional photographer Kip Evans will be giving a presentation. Attendance at these events is free to members as is membership in the group. To learn more about the group please visit: http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Photographers-Explorers/ Please feel free to PM me with any questions. I am the group's organizer and a LF/MF film shooter and look forward to meeting you. :)

Roger Thoms
20-May-2009, 10:22
OK I signed up, sounds like fun, and I do live in the Bay Area.
Roger

tgtaylor
20-May-2009, 13:00
Great Roger. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

dsphotog
21-May-2009, 14:58
Thanks Tom, Sounds like a great group!
I also signed up.
David Silva
Modesto,Ca

brianam
17-Jul-2009, 14:15
Hi Tom, (I know this announcement is a couple months old now) I visited the group's page and it says it is a closed group. Why is that? May I join?

Also, I'm guessing this group is not the same photo MeetUp that gets together 1st Weds. of the month in SF is it? I attend that periodically, but am generally the only film shooter there. :-/

let me know, thanks.

tgtaylor
20-Jul-2009, 18:06
Hi Tom, (I know this announcement is a couple months old now) I visited the group's page and it says it is a closed group. Why is that? May I join?

Also, I'm guessing this group is not the same photo MeetUp that gets together 1st Weds. of the month in SF is it? I attend that periodically, but am generally the only film shooter there. :-/

let me know, thanks.

Hi Brian,

The group is private so you must join to view the website. There is no charge to join but an annual donation of $5 is requested to help maintain the site.

We are a differen group than the SF group that meets monthly at the Delancy Street Coffee Shop but many of their members are also in our group.

Several members of the LF forum have joined and I have pinned a "LF Corner" thread to the top of the message board.

I look forward to meting you.

Blueberrydesk
21-Jul-2009, 21:26
Hmm, looks interesting. I just signed up.

Paul

tgtaylor
22-Jul-2009, 11:01
Great Paul! I just posted a greeting on the website.

Your images of Multnomah Falls, Mt. Adams, and of the mountain stream are truly wonderful. Congrats on getting it right!

Thomas

Blueberrydesk
22-Jul-2009, 11:07
Thanks Tom! I'm looking forward to participating. I'm in Roseville NE of Sacramento, but I don't mind driving. I'll be spending some time looking for places to suggest.

Paul