PDA

View Full Version : Hi from William McEwen in Texas

William McEwen
19-May-2009, 05:49
Hello, Everyone:

William McEwen here. I use a Wisner 8x10 Technical Field (ordered in 1993, and delivered five weeks later, no problem!) and Schneider 355mm G-Claron lens.

I shoot portraits. My main project right now is portraits of classical musicians.

My Web site is here: www.mcewenphoto.com.

The Dallas Morning News shot a two-minute video of me using the camera and working in the darkroom. It's here (unfortunately you have to watch a 15-second commercial first): http://www.dallasnews.com/video/?z=y&nvid=347273

The videographer told me just to do what I normally do and pretend he wasn't there. Well, I don't normally have a second person and a huge video camera under the dark cloth with me! : - ) But he did a terrific job.

I have a wonderful wife and two brilliant daughters.

I'm glad to be here and I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you.

Cheerio,
William

arkady n.
19-May-2009, 10:44
Welcome to the forum!

Rick Floyd
19-May-2009, 11:00
Welcome William:

I saw the clip; what a great project. I play the electric bass at church but I don't think anyone would consider my style as classic. I shoot film in a somewhat classic manner on 4x5 and you fit here better than some. Hope to see ya in and around North Texas some time.

RF

msk2193
19-May-2009, 19:28
Hello William, welcome aboard.

Great clip on the paper website.
I am new to large format and am learning quite a bit in a very short time on the forum.
Perhaps our paths will cross here in the Big D.

Roger Thoms
20-May-2009, 00:55
Enjoyed the clip, welcome aboard.
Roger

Eirik Berger
20-May-2009, 06:34
Welcome to the comedy club!
Nice portrait project, and I enjoyed the video.

William McEwen
21-May-2009, 07:54
Thanks, everyone, for the nice welcome. I hope I'll have something to contribute to the group -- I'm certainly enjoying reading all the posts.