PDA

View Full Version : Tachi 4x5 lens question

Santo Roman
12-May-2009, 20:56
I went to BH today and they could not find a lens that would fit my camera. I have a Wista lens board on the Tachi or Calumet rebanded wood field. the board has copal 0. Need to get a lens fast since I'd like to start shooting again. I'm thinking about picking up a 150mm 5.6. Nothing to serious yet. Any thoughts.

santo

Blueberrydesk
12-May-2009, 21:12
When I had my 4x5 Osaka (basically a Tachihara) the first lens I used was a Rodenstock Sironar N 150mm in a Copal-0. I loved that lens. razor sharp for anything I used it for.

Both camera and lens were sold to h2oman on this forum. Maybe he'll chime in and let you know what he thinks.

For me, the 150 was the lens I used the most, even after getting a SA90mm. They're fairly common on ebay, I think.

Or just save time and move on up to 8x10 now. :-)

Santo Roman
12-May-2009, 21:58
I was actually looking at a lens on ebay. Its a Schneider SA 90mm copal 0.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230341846873&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

santo

Andrew
14-May-2009, 16:34
of course the tachi takes linhof type boards and they're so common that you could get a new board to fit any lens you like
:-))

if you got the SA 90mm there's a case for putting it on a recessed board to get the front standard just a little further forward because any extra extension makes your movements less restricted by the bellows.

that said, I have a Sironar-N 150/5.6 and it's a GREAT little lens, probably the best lens I own, and there's a lot of them around. [I've read on the net that the newer apo lenses are actually the same lens rebadged but someone else who knows for sure might chime in on that one].

hey, you could always get 2 lenses ?!

Brian Ellis
14-May-2009, 17:50
I used a Tachihara for about four years and then bought a second one that I used for about 6 months some years later. I used a 90mm f5.6 Super Angulon lens on it and never needed a recessed board. So if you end up with that lens I wouldn't buy a recessed board unless you find that you need one.

Kevin Klazek
14-May-2009, 19:05
I have a Schneider Symmar-S 135 5.6 lens including the lensboard in the for sale section. Check it out. Despite the Schneideritis (which as far as I can tell makes no difference in results) the lens is in great condition. You can get it quick and cheap! :D

Kevin