PDA

View Full Version : Note to Self: 75mm & CG ==> Drop Bed

kirkmacatangay
12-May-2009, 19:45
I vow to try to always use the drop bed feature on the Crown Graphic when using the 75mm. I was just too lazy to check the ground glass.

Kirk

seabird
13-May-2009, 02:09
Is this when the back is in either portrait or landscape orientation? Or just portrait? I have the same problem with my Tech IV and 90mm in portrait orientation. Dont ask me how I know this.

Cheers

David Swinnard
13-May-2009, 09:01
I am guessing that most of us who use similar cameras with wide lenses have a few shots of the bed either through "not seeing it" or not minding it as it's to be cropped out later. I've done it both ways.

Dave
(my notes to self pile is getting bigger as I get older...)

Brian Ellis
13-May-2009, 09:22
Is this when the back is in either portrait or landscape orientation? Or just portrait? I have the same problem with my Tech IV and 90mm in portrait orientation. Dont ask me how I know this.

Cheers

I don't need to ask, I know. : - ) But now that you've made the mistake once you'll remember that you can easily eliminate the problem by using a little front rise, which I thought was easier than dropping the bed and tilting the lens.

kirkmacatangay
14-May-2009, 17:20
Carey,

The Crown does not have a rotating back so the rails are always going to show if I am not careful.

David,

My problem is I find that I have to repeatedly add the same 'Notes to self' if I don't shoot for more than a month. No practice makes me rusty.

Kirk