PDA

View Full Version : Linhof 65mm Lens on a recessed Lens Board for the Linhof Technika 23 for 4x5

daveflood
12-May-2009, 01:13
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows whats the best way is to attach a linhof 65mm lens for 6x9 to my 4x5 camera? The lens is currently on a linhof technicka 23 lens board. My own camera accepts linhof lens boards 99cmx96cm. Is there a lens board adpater that allows the 23 board to fit into 4x5 camera? I have had a look on the forum but not been able to find an answer. Thanks!

Regards,
David

Bob Salomon
12-May-2009, 03:02
Linhof made a Technika 23 to Technika 45 adapter board. But if you are mounting this lens to a 45 Technika the lens must be on a Technika 23 lensboard and you attach it to the discontinued Linhof Wide Angle Focusing Device,

lungovw
12-May-2009, 05:19
I think you need something like this:

http://www.lungov.com/wagner/c/105c.html

The lens is mounted in a 6x9 camera board that goes into this focusing device that goes into a Technika 4x5.

Rgds,

WL

amoebahyda
13-May-2009, 08:18
Linhof had recommended that lenses having focal length shorter than 75mm have to focus with the wide angle adapter inside the camera housing. However, I found this quite cumbersome, I finally directly mount wide angle lenses to 4x5 lens board and use unleash the back frame for focusing. In this way, I also got limited tilt, swing, shift with wide angle lenses, while there is no room for such image control with wide angle adapter.

The shortest lens I have used is Apo-Grandagon 1:5.6/38mm lens with back focusing.

Bob Salomon
13-May-2009, 09:10
Linhof had recommended that lenses having focal length shorter than 75mm have to focus with the wide angle adapter inside the camera housing. However, I found this quite cumbersome, I finally directly mount wide angle lenses to 4x5 lens board and use unleash the back frame for focusing. In this way, I also got limited tilt, swing, shift with wide angle lenses, while there is no room for such image control with wide angle adapter.

The shortest lens I have used is Apo-Grandagon 1:5.6/38mm lens with back focusing.

1: Using the back frame means that it is extremely difficult to have the lens parallel to the film when you want it to be. It also makes precise focusing very difficult as there is no geared focusing when shooting this way.

2: There is no Apo-Grandagon 5.6 38mm. Do you perhaps mean the Apo Grandagon 4.5 35mm? Or another brand of lens?

3: Linhof recommends that lenses shorter then 72mm, not 75mm, are used inside the camera housing.

amoebahyda
13-May-2009, 09:23
1: Using the back frame means that it is extremely difficult to have the lens parallel to the film when you want it to be. It also makes precise focusing very difficult as there is no geared focusing when shooting this way.

2: There is no Apo-Grandagon 5.6 38mm. Do you perhaps mean the Apo Grandagon 4.5 35mm? Or another brand of lens?

3: Linhof recommends that lenses shorter then 72mm, not 75mm, are used inside the camera housing.

1. With little practice focusing with back frame is not that difficult, especially with bonus of tilt and shift. I use progressive means by slightly locking sides that are in focus before working on the other side and do that iteratively to achieve fine focus with 10X loupe;

2. you are right, I am using Apo-Grandagon 1:4.5/35mm lens;

3. you are right, they recommend shorter than 72mm lenses to be use inside camera housing. I got it just out of memory as I use Linhof Super-Angulon 1:5.6/75mm with cam as my regular wide angle lens.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/amoebahydra/Photo%20Equipment/Linfofwideangleadapter.jpg