PDA

View Full Version : Schneider 210 APO or Nikkor 210-W ??

dreamallen
11-May-2009, 23:47
Schneider 210mm Apo-Symmar F5.6 and Nikkor 210mm-W F5.6

which one better? and how much are they? Have anyone can tell me please?

Thanks alot!!

Armin Seeholzer
12-May-2009, 10:37
My Apo Symmar is my sharpest lens in a whole buch of lenses. But I do not doubt that the Nikkor could be at the same level.
Best would be test dem and take the sharper one.

MFG Armin

J D Clark
12-May-2009, 11:08
I have both of these lenses, and from the resulting prints, I cannot really tell the difference between them. The Schneider is a little larger and heavier (72mm filter size versus 67mm for the Nikkor). At this time, both lenses can only be obtained used as Nikon is out of the large format lens business, and Schneider has replaced the APO-Symmars with the APO-Symmar-L line. The Nikon lenses typically sell used for less than the Schneider -- I saw a 210mm Nikkor sell for just over $200 at "the auction site."

John Clark
www.johndclark.com

Steve Hamley
12-May-2009, 11:45
You probably don't want to hear this, but your photos will never see any difference. I'd get the cheapest one with a crisp shutter and clean glass.

Cheers, Steve

Bob Salomon
12-May-2009, 12:06
And then there is the 210mm Apo Sironar S and the 210mm Apo Sironar N

Helcio J Tagliolatto
12-May-2009, 17:46
And, in case you are a very lucky man, may find a 210mm f/6.8 Kyvyx APO-Kyvytar , with its image circle of 385mm (although single coated)...

Kerry L. Thalmann
12-May-2009, 18:20
These are both very good lenses. I would not hesitate to use, or recommend, either.

I used the 210mm Nikkor for year, before switching to the APO Symmar. It's hard to tell the difference between images shot with these two lenses. The differences are very subtle, but I personally prefer the results taken with the APO Symmar. I found my sample to be very slightly sharper than the 210mm Nikkor W, with a slightly warmer image tone that I preferred.

Kerry

dreamallen
13-May-2009, 02:14
I have both of these lenses, and from the resulting prints, I cannot really tell the difference between them. The Schneider is a little larger and heavier (72mm filter size versus 67mm for the Nikkor). At this time, both lenses can only be obtained used as Nikon is out of the large format lens business, and Schneider has replaced the APO-Symmars with the APO-Symmar-L line. The Nikon lenses typically sell used for less than the Schneider -- I saw a 210mm Nikkor sell for just over $200 at "the auction site."

John Clark
www.johndclark.com

I am so strongly agree that you said. I found the answer now. They are both good lens and it depends the much you can pay and what brand you like. Anyway, the skill and idea is more important than equipment. Thank you so much~

Allen Hu

Nathan Potter
13-May-2009, 12:41
And, in case you are a very lucky man, may find a 210mm f/6.8 Kyvyx APO-Kyvytar , with its image circle of 385mm (although single coated)...

Helcio, what in the world is this? Sound like some sort of a Brazilian optical gem - maybe with optical elements mounted in Brazilian ipe! ;) ;)

Nate Potter, Austin TX.