PDA

View Full Version : State Parks in Western Connecticut?

R Mann
10-May-2009, 11:34
I will have a day to kill in Western Connecticut this week - any suggestions on places to visit that are tripod friendly and do not involve long hikes?

gevalia
11-May-2009, 05:14
There are a few covered bridges in CT. One called Bulls Bridge comes to mind outside Kent CT on Route 7. The Cornwall Bridge is also on Route 7 north of Bulls Bridge. The link is of Bulls Bridge a few months ago. http://ronmiller.smugmug.com/photos/469695038_B4wtv-M-1.jpg Kent Falls is also off Route 7 up there. All within 20-30 miles of each other on same road and it's a nice drive.

All I can think of off the top of my head...

Ron

Mark Sampson
11-May-2009, 06:09
I remember, from childhood, a park called Bash Bish Falls in the far NW corner of the state. That was from the family vacation where it rained every day...

Toyon
11-May-2009, 11:59
Bash bish is great, but it is in Massachusetts, and I believe accessible only from the New York side. Canaan is an interesting village. Nice area.

eddie
12-May-2009, 04:44
there is taconic state park in NY just on the Ct/Ma boarder. nice lake etc.

i am about 45min to a hour west of the ct boarder (kingston NY). if you want to come on over just tell me what are you looking to shoot and i can set you up. i may even be able to get out and shoot some depending on the day and all.

have fun.