PDA

View Full Version : Recessed lens boards for Linholf ShenHao don't accomodate cable release.

emo supremo
9-May-2009, 19:48
I have a Linholf-type recessed board with a strange projection for the release (I think) projecting out front. I placed the Fuji 60mm and Super Angulon 90mm (both Copal 0) in the recess but it just isn't big enough...actually the fuji's shutter closure button rubs the side wall so tightly it won't close if I tighten up the flange.

So, what do you do if you own the Wista, Shen Hao or Zone VI type of cameras and you want a wide angle? Do you choose option:

1. New Lens small enough to fit the Copal zero board?
2. Some special source of a cable for these linholf with that wierd, projected cable mount? (is that what that thing is?)
3. Is there such a thing as a right-angle cable used for these recessed boards?
4. Use your finger to trip the release?

I can't be the first person this has happened to. Please don't tell me it's option 1 pleeezzz dont.

Oren Grad
9-May-2009, 19:54
With most field cameras you shouldn't need a recessed board for a 90.

Bob Salomon
10-May-2009, 01:00
It sounds like you have a recessed Linhof board for a Compur shutter and are trying to mount a lens in Copal shutter in it.
You need the proper older board or you need the current Linhof recessed board.

The current version accepts either shutter.

Archphoto
10-May-2009, 05:30
For the cable release part: Linhof has a special adapter for their boards with a mechanical link to the shutter in a recessed board.
In this way I use my 58XL, 72XL, 75SA and 150.
The 75SA and the 150 were used on a Master Technika that I sold (STUPID)
It works realy great, I use the system for my 115 Grandagon on a flat board.

Check the Linhof (http://www.linhof.de) site for more details.

Peter

Bob Salomon
10-May-2009, 06:02
For the cable release part: Linhof has a special adapter for their boards with a mechanical link to the shutter in a recessed board.
In this way I use my 58XL, 72XL, 75SA and 150.
The 75SA and the 150 were used on a Master Technika that I sold (STUPID)
It works realy great, I use the system for my 115 Grandagon on a flat board.

Check the Linhof (http://www.linhof.de) site for more details.

Peter

Peter,

Today Linhof uses a very short version of a cable release extension rather then the old wire connectors that you are referring to. The extension goes between the Cable Release Quick Socket on the board and actually screws into the cable release socket on the shutter. It is best illustrated on the current 001015 Comfort recessed board but that isn't really shown on their web site. It is shown in the Master Technika brochure as well as on page 16 of the current Master Technika instruction book and in the Technika 3000 instruction book.

Archphoto
10-May-2009, 14:39
Sorry Bob, most of my lenses are more than 20 years old and still going strong.
The Linhof system is one of the best I have ever seen and used.

Peter