PDA

View Full Version : 270mm Gold or Gold Dot Dagor -Value??

robert lyons
3-May-2009, 01:55
hello all,

i wonder if anyone has an idea the value for one of these lenses in excellent to mint condition? i am looking to acquire one and not sure what the a fair price would be....any thoughts would be welcomed.

thanks
robert

Steve Hamley
3-May-2009, 06:31
From a dealer other than those known to start high, $1,000 - $1,200 for near mint. Maybe $1,500 for one that's collectible w/original caps and box.

About the same as the 12". It's a rarer focal length than a 9-1/2" or 12".

Cheers, Steve

eddie
3-May-2009, 07:09
i hope you are buying....:)

prices seem to be very low compared to just last year. while i agree with steve most of the time i would say that right now they are getting 700-850. 6-12 months ago they were right at what steve was saying.

i had a real nice gold rim that got about half (of last years prices) what i was hoping for just 3-4 months ago.

Steve Hamley
3-May-2009, 09:09
I think Eddie's right if you're buying from an individual - dealers tend to at least ask more. I'd also agree with Eddie about Dagor prices recently, but I think the really pretty Gold and Gold Dots are holding up rather better.

One problem with the 10-3/4" is that it seems quite rare compared to the 12" and 9-1/2" lenses. So if you want a pretty Gold or Gold Dot in that FL and you don't want to wait several months for a bargain, you may have to pay a bit extra.

Cheers, Steve

Atul Mohidekar
3-May-2009, 09:35
If any of 9-1/2", 10-3/4" or 12" GDDs were made in Switzerland by Kern, like all other Swiss made GDDs, these lenses will fetch higher prices. I have seen Swiss made 8-1/4" and 14" GDDs.

// Atul

sanking
3-May-2009, 11:24
If you are looking to acquire the lens to use you might consider alternatives, such as the 270mm f/9 G-Claron, which has as much useful coverage as a Dagor and usually costs a lot less, or the 270mm f/9 Computar, which has a lot more coverage and would probably cost no more than the Dagor. Both the G-Claron and Computar are also much better lenses at wide apertures than the Dagor.

Sandy King

eddie
4-May-2009, 04:46
well, not a gold dot but there is a 270 dagor on the bay BIN for $500.......