PDA

View Full Version : Beseler 45 Chassis question

The screaming man
1-May-2009, 15:14
Hi,
Anyone out there know Beseler 45 enlargers?
I have a beseler 45 chassis that is different from the other one that I have which is an MX.

The bottom bellows are as large as the top bellows, 8 inches square. The MX that I have has a tapered bellows on the bottom stage. Also the numbers on the elevation scale go to 27 inches. The MX I have goes to 22 inches.
Is there a reason for this?

I notice that on my MX the square lensboard plate hole, where the lensboard attaches to is 2.5 inches square. On the other enlarger with the large bottom stage bellows, it is 3 inches square. Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the two. I just bought it for the 45S head that was on it.

Also does anyone know of a link to a manual for the 45S color head?
I have a pdf of the Beseler 45MXT manual if anyone needs it let me know.
Thank you

Robert Ley
2-May-2009, 13:38
You have the last of the great Beseler 45 chassis. You have the 45MXT which is distinguished by the large focusing bellows. It is an improvement from previous 45's in that it has a lot of adjustment points to easily square the enlarger to the the baseboard. The 45s colorhead is arguably the best and most reliable colorhead that Beseler made. Ditch the 45mx and use the MXT. You won't be sorry!

I have used various Beseler 45's over the last thirty years and have been very satisfied. Good Luck with your darkroom and if you have any questions on your Beseler equipment, please feel to contact me.

Robert