PDA

View Full Version : Konica Hexagon Lenses

Dmayes
1-May-2009, 12:56
Thru a Relative estate I have came up with 3 Lenses, and Not being a Photographer
I have no clue what these are for , if they are still used in photography .

#1 Konica Hexagon GR II 300 MM F9
#2 Konica Hexagon GR II 210 MM F9
#3 Konica Hexagon GR II 150 MM F9

Help!
D

Arne Croell
1-May-2009, 13:12
I assume these are Hexanons (Konica's name for their lenses) not Hexagons...
Anyway, all of those lenses were made for process cameras, used in the reprographic industry before scanners took over. Similar lenses from other manufacturers are Rodenstock's Apo-Gerogon, Schneiders G-Claron, and others. That use is now obsolete.
However, process lenses have also been used by LF photographers for years, and the Konica lenses are no exception. The main drawback is that they cannot easily be mounted into a shutter.

Dmayes
1-May-2009, 13:18
Arne,

Ok thanks that helps a bit. Not sure what to do with them now

Gene McCluney
1-May-2009, 13:32
Arne,

Ok thanks that helps a bit. Not sure what to do with them now

If you are not "INTO" large format, you could offer them for sale on this (after 30 days) forum, or other venues.

Large Format photographers DO use this type of lens in budget set-ups without a shutter for some types of photography. It is rather expensive to "adapt" these lenses to regularly available shutters.

Dmayes
1-May-2009, 13:40
Thank you !

Arne Croell
1-May-2009, 13:50
They do show up on ebay from time to time; if you do a search for something like Konica Hexanon GRII for a while, you'll get an idea of going prices. Right now there is one 300mm listed with a starting price close to $100, but it might not sell at this price.