PDA

View Full Version : Print On Lodima

Andrew O'Neill
29-Apr-2009, 22:30
I finally managed a decent print on Lodima. Contact printed an 8x10 HP5+ negative (developed in Pyrocat-HD). Lodima was developed in Amidol. I also developed a print in Neutol WA 1+15 which turned out nicely. The Amidol print was cooler, which I preferred for this particular image.
In Amidol, the exposure time was a bit faster compared to the Neutol WA exposure. One minute as apposed to 1:20. Both were developed for one minute and toned in Selenium 1+40 for two minutes.

Here is a link to the image. I know it's not the same as holding an actual print in your hand...oh well.

http://web.me.com/andrewoneill/andrewoneill.com/RCAF_Fighter.html

Paul Metcalf
30-Apr-2009, 06:54
Yeah, I'm curious about what you mean by "finally." Do you mean you finally found a material (Lodima) that allows you to express what you wanted in the resultant print, or do you mean it took a lot of effort with Lodima to get what you wanted.

Excellant image, BTW.

Andrew O'Neill
30-Apr-2009, 07:57
It's not the paper. It's partly me and partly because none of my negatives match up with the first batch of Lodima...and partly due to lack of experience with a contact printing paper.

timbo10ca
30-Apr-2009, 09:57
Looks great- I would love to see the print. I haven't heard of many people developing HP5 in Pyrocat HD.

Tim

Andrew O'Neill
30-Apr-2009, 10:31
Hi Tim,

Thanks! HP5+ looks great in Pyrocat-HD. I've been using this combination for quite a few years now. For silver papers, an EI of 250 works for me. For my Kallitypes, it's 400.