PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Cams

Ari
23-Apr-2009, 05:27
Hello,
First-time threader, long-time reader.
I have a Linhof Tech III with a 240mm cam, and would like to know if any 210mm cams were ever made for this camera. I can't seem to find any, and the limited choice of 240mm lenses is not too appealing. A Copal 3 will not fit on this camera, and Copal 1 lenses are usually f/9, too dark for everyday use (I use the camera for handheld portraits most of the time).
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Salomon
23-Apr-2009, 06:55
Yes they were. None have been made for decades and the later cams for the IV, V and Master do not fit.

Why not look for a Linhof that was made after October 1960. Then you would have none of these problems and all current accessories as well as all accessories ever made for the IV, V and Master would fit. Including Copal III shutters.

RichardRitter
23-Apr-2009, 08:06
Yes they are still made as a custom item. I would need the camera and lens so the cam will match both.

Ari
23-Apr-2009, 09:09
Thank you both for your replies.
Richard, I will be contacting you for more information.

cjbroadbent
23-Apr-2009, 09:33
A late reply. I must have shot many thousand sheets of 4x5 and 5x7 with the Linhof Technika. I had 3 5x7s, 2 4x5s and even a 6x9cm. The studio was like a cat's home for stray Linhofs.
Maybe I did one shot using the rangefinder in 25 years, but he cams were always mounted so as not to damage the mechanism when folding.
The cameras are gone but somehow I still have a 210 and a 240 cam. You are free to have them. they mail easily taped to a card. Forget the serial numbers, the rangefinder & viewer are quite unpractical.