PDA

View Full Version : help with Linhof Technika Viewfinder

pjotr
18-Apr-2009, 07:44
Hello,

I was offered a Linhof Viewfinder for a good price.
It seems to be of the older generation (but not the first, very old technika finder), it goes from 90mm to 360mm with paralax compensation. As it is not marked for which format it was made, i wonder how to use it with my technika, shooting 4x5 " film. When comparing it to the groundglass, it seems to be for 9x12cm film. 9x12 has a slightly wider aspect ratio then 4x5.
So, does anyone know, if there were masks available for 4x5 (or 6x7cm rollfilm)? it's very different from the current modell, i don't know how such masks could be applied. also 4x5 is larger than 9x12.
Maybe it is possible to adapt it by myself?
Or where there different modells of this viewfinder made - one for 9x12, and one for 4x5?

thank you very much for your help,
pjotr

Bob Salomon
18-Apr-2009, 08:24
If it goes from 90 to 360mm it is a 4x5 or the 9x12cm Linhof finder. There should be a label somewhere on it. No masks for the version that has been made for the last 30 odd years will fit yours. No way to adapt current masks either.

pjotr
19-Apr-2009, 08:27
No labels anywhere on it. but i meassured the mask and by it's proportions it seems to be 9x12 cm.
thank you for your quick response,

pjotr

Peter K
19-Apr-2009, 11:25
No labels anywhere on it. but i meassured the mask and by it's proportions it seems to be 9x12 cm.
There is no label. The difference between 9x12cm and 4x5" is a) the viewfinder tube and b) the 9x12cm viewfinder has a paralax compensation calibratet in m, the 4x5" disc of the paralax compensation is inscribed in feet.