PDA

View Full Version : Would you mind if I take your picture and that cool camera?

Hugo Zhang
17-Apr-2009, 23:01
I turned around and said sure with a big smile. A bearded man with a tanned face and a red jersey. A few days later I found my picture in his website and learned that he quit his job, broke up with his girl friend and has been riding his bicycle around the world.

Steve M Hostetter
18-Apr-2009, 00:57
by chance is his name Forest Gump? :D

Capocheny
18-Apr-2009, 06:09
Hi Hugo,

Good story... you probably made his day! :)

Cheers

BrianShaw
18-Apr-2009, 12:07
Great story! But don't kid yourself... they didn't care about the camera. It was you manly physique they were intriqued by. :)

neil poulsen
18-Apr-2009, 20:22
No one ever asked if they could photograph me when I had my shirt off!

Richard K.
19-Apr-2009, 09:19
..... A bearded man with a tanned face and a red jersey...

WOW, I usually just get young beautiful women stopping to admire my big.....camera... :D

BTW, what is the URL for the red-faced tanned man from New Jersey's Web Site?

BTW2, what format camera were you using?

Hugo Zhang
19-Apr-2009, 19:49
Hi Richard,

Here it is: http://www.theargonauts.com/falling-uphill/

I was using a WP camera. :)

Richard K.
19-Apr-2009, 20:44
Hi Richard,

Here it is: http://www.theargonauts.com/falling-uphill/

I was using a WP camera. :)

Thanks Hugo. Next to 7x11, whole-plate is THE format! :D

Vaughn
20-Apr-2009, 02:27
I had my 8x10 set up on a bridge in Yosemite National Park yesterday. Three lovely young ladies approached me and one asked how long I had been photographing. Alas, I had to tell them that I had been photographing since before they were born.

Still, they had fun looking at the GG of the waterfall, while I made the lame joke that they got to see the water flowing uphill.

Vaughn

Alex Wei
20-Apr-2009, 11:20
Hugo, nice camera :)

Two leggy beautiful young girls approached me one day when shooting near Brooklyn bridge and asked if they can take a picture, I said yes and put my face near the camera, they looked at each other and one girl said, we only want the picture of your camera :(

I forgot how the rest of day went.